something I've never done before. 06/24/2018 really cool but not fishing related

F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

something I've never done before. 06/24/2018 really cool but not fishing related

Post by F.O.C. »

Didn't know where to share this... a thousand apologies,

Visiting family while on vacation. Brother in law and sis just had a house built in the country and there lots of scorpions. So at night he and my two nephews walk the property with black lights. The scorpions glow like beacons. Can be seen 15-20 feet away. Caught 6 last night.
20180624_221307_resized.jpg
20180624_212858_resized.jpg
20180624_212737_resized.jpg
20180624_212741_resized.jpg
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Re: something I've never done before. 06/24/2018 really cool but not fishing related

Post by larry long shadows »

cool have you ever been stung by one.. its like getting hit with the round end of a ball peen hammer ..
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: something I've never done before. 06/24/2018 really cool but not fishing related

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Nice work!!! Cool socks!
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

We had tons of them when we moved into our house 5 years ago. Our house is on 12 wooded acres. The previous owner built the house and when he cleared the pad site for the house he pushed all the trees into piles around the perimeter and left it to rot. When we moved in I started cleaning it all up and burning it and there were tons of scorpions living in it. After I burned it all the scorpions found a new place to live.....my house! We would find them all the time crawling across the floor or even our bed. My son was stung twice and woke up one night with one under the sheets with him. Luckily that one didn't sting him cause I hate to think where he could've been stung by it! I read up on them and discovered that there not too many insecticides that will kill them because of the exoskeletons but you can spray for all the other pests that they feed on and once they're gone the scorpions will usually go elsewhere to find food. So thats what I did. I sprayed the whole house inside and out (including the attic cause they love dark places to nest n breed) every few months for a year. It worked and we haven't seen one in a few years now. We even had them in the ceiling light fixtures where they would come thru the wiring holes and into the light dome where they would die because they couldn't get back out. I would regularly clean 5 or 6 dead ones out every few days. I HATE scorpions. I have very little fear of most things but they absolutely make me tremble. I can live with the snakes and the spiders but the scorpion...they gotta go!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk