Best fishing day in November

texastrouthunter

Best fishing day in November

Post by texastrouthunter »

Trying to figure out the best day for a guided trip in November or December for trout based on moon phases , feeding patterns, etc... what day would you choose???
Chubs

Re: Best fishing day in November

Post by Chubs »

Any day I could get off ;)

I'd suspect any guide worth his cost can put you on fish. The more appropriate question is probably what guide would you recommend. Unfortunately I have no answer for that either lol
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Where and how do you want to fish? Trout Guide or Redfish Guide? Yak or Boat ? Galveston or Baffin?

Most of the guides will be able to put you on fish despite moon activity.. but I would still personnally see if you can select the days with less than half moon to no moon and good tide movement. If you can select the no moon / new moon set and look for decent tide... then hope the weather turns out. Fishing that time of year can be great. Solid fish with decent numbers. But if a cold front hits, it can be toast.

have fun.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

It depends on where you plan on fishing. I don't know that I would try to schedule a trip five months out when conditions, especially that time of year, can change quickly and can determine whether you have a good outing or not.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Planning this far ahead definitely has it's disadvantages. One way to mitigate the unforeseen weather aspect of it would be to book more than one day. I know that can be expensive, but it is one strategy I've deployed and fishing 2 or 3 days in a row with a guide is a very educational experience. Also, this far ahead you would almost certainly have your pick of dates, but unless the guide doesn't require a deposit, if a storm or some other related disaster hits between now and the trip and trashes that bay system, you'd likely lose the deposit.

Maybe wait another couple of months.

But as far as tides, listen to Troutsupport
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

i saw captain cody today at boyds lol if anyone knows him... checked his website, that is all seems to know how to catch... i think Tobin should start up a guide service id pay for a day on the water with tobin
eightweight

Post by eightweight »

Yes, good advice. First and most important thing, I think, is to choose a good guide. Then I'd just give him a call and see what he thinks. And yes, book two days so you can get to know him, and just in case one get's blown out with bad weather.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

I suggest checking Galveston Party Boats schedule for tuna trips (if it is already published) -- such trips are planned months in advance and these guys know few things about long-term forecasting. But even then it will be a close to a dice roll, I think.