Need Florida Fishing advise!!!!

deputydog21875

Need Florida Fishing advise!!!!

Post by deputydog21875 »

I am going to Port Saint Joe, Florida and stay on Cape San Blas at the end of June. Does anyone have any information fishing Port Saint Joe Bay. It looks like a guy could fish Shallow Flats and Deep water in the Bay. I will be fishing from my New Hobie PA 14 I ordered yesterday. Any advised would be great even if its close to my location. I will travel as far as Destin to fish. Thanks guys.
flydoc

Re: Need Florida Fishing advise!!!!

Post by flydoc »

You might try ' Pensacola fishing forum'.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I have fished down there, but only with a guide in the Panama Bay area in March 2016. We fished a bay area for Spanish mack and trout. Nada. Then headed about 1/2 mile off the beach and caught some Amberjack jigging some concrete structure, and then caught sheepies and reds in a pass up against some rock walls with live shrimp.

Seems like St. Vincent Sound seems fishy with a nice pass to fish as well.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
binswagger

Post by binswagger »

I have fished Saint Joseph Bay a few times and it can be very good fishing. If I was near that area, that's where I would fish. You will find trout and redfish. Flounder are harder to come by and smaller, at least by Texas standards. The back of the bay is a large flat and I have had moderate success there. I have had good luck with redfish on the north/east (landward) shore. There is a kayak launch in Lighthouse Bayou and a few other places you can put in along the roads. It's a fun place to fish as the water is very different (clear) from what we have on the Texas coast. There is a lot of grass in the bay with white sand, and you can see fish strike if they are close. You might want to think about the grass when picking/rigging lures.