Boonedox Outfitter

WJH

Boonedox Outfitter

Post by WJH »

Considering this an option to transport my two kayaks, Commander 120 and OK Trident 13. Have also considered a trailer but there are some areas that are very space limited to launch from a trailer. The company also makes the Bed Extender, T-Bone. Outfitter is priced at $575.00. A Malone trailer starts at $899.00. Anyone familiar with the Boonedox Outfitter?
Attachments
Outfitter_Front_grande.jpeg
Outfitter_Front_grande.jpeg (42.26 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Trbrmc

Re: Boonedox Outfitter

Post by Trbrmc »

Before hurricane Harvey took nearly everything I owned, I had a little Nissan Frontier and used a truck bed extender for my KC Kayak K12. I loved that set up because it was easy, simple and cheap. The extender fits a 2” receiver hitch and costs about $50-60. Easy to load and unload since everything is waist level, plus I have a pulley system for kayak storage ($30 on amazon) in my garage, so I could just lower it into my truck!

I bet that boonedox setup is nice, but at that price, you’d probably just save up a bit more and get the trailer, you’d probably be happier with the trailer. It also looks like it might still be a little tough to load. It’s just my opinion though...
JMS

Post by JMS »

I was thinking of getting one but decided on a trailer because I couldn't find enough reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

I have narrowed down my search between this device and the Thule Xsporter pro. I called Boonedox about double stacking kayaks (I had seen an earlier version of something cheaper and more simple). Boonedox said a competitor had also developed a similar product and a customer had a wreck and the kayak flew through the back windshield. Boonedox decided to scrap that earlier version and created this thing which should shoot the kayak over the truck.

I am leaning toward the Thule because it has other applications besides kayak transport but not completely sold on it because I like this Boonedox's height for loading vs. the Thule.
WJH

Post by WJH »

Decided to purchase Yakima Bedrock with 78" crossbars and Yakima Long Arm Bed Extender, will allow more options for transporting kayak(s) and gear at half the price, $335.00, of the Boonedox Outfitter. Was able to get 20% off at online retailer Rack Attack.