Wilson’s Cut - Corpus

fresca

Wilson’s Cut - Corpus

Post by fresca »

Any news about Wilson’s cut lately. Still open to launch? Have to launch from boat ramp?
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Wilson’s Cut - Corpus

Post by Neumie »

Still closed, so you've got to launch with the boats.
fresca

Post by fresca »

Neumie wrote:Still closed, so you've got to launch with the boats.
Worth going there or another spot for afternoon kayak trip?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I'd fish there. There is a lot of area on both sides.. personally I prefer the south side unless the wind is cranking then the north side gives some protection in some areas.
fresca

Post by fresca »

TroutSupport.com wrote:I'd fish there. There is a lot of area on both sides.. personally I prefer the south side unless the wind is cranking then the north side gives some protection in some areas.
Most talk about north side of Wilson’s cut. How is south side?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

its great if you know what to hit. Right inside from the 'boat cut' is a place they call croaker hole. It's 6 inches deeper than the rest of the flat and I've always really well there. There are also 2 old pipelines that run across the flat that have various potholes along the cut. I prefer to wade the area but you don't have to if you know how to move slow and the wind is light.

have fun in my old spot people. Best on incoming tide and especially if it's low.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

As Tobin mentioned you can fish south of Wilson's Cut. The flats immediately to the south of Wilson's Cut is going to be too shallow to paddle (not that it matters now since there's no access from the caliche rd) now that we're coming out of our spring tides, but the waters further south is called Croaker Hole. To get there you'd have to paddle to the end of Wilson's, hang a left then enter through Boot Cove or Cut.

That area never saw as much pressure as Shamrock, but is good for reds. Deepest spot is about waist deep. I've also done well for trout in Corpus Christi Bay in front of Boot Cove.
MasChingon

Post by MasChingon »

Has anyone launched at shamrock cove lately? Each time I pass through the entrance appears to be flooded.