Wade Fishing

Scott Roetzel

Wade Fishing

Post by Scott Roetzel »

I plan on going wade fishing for the first time next week, does anyone have some good tips for a beginner?
Wag

Re: Wade Fishing

Post by Wag »

Have fun but remember to shuffle your feet as you wade. This will help you avoid stepping on a stingray and risking a nasty injury. You can also buy ray protectors that are relatively inexpensive. Do get some wading boots or at least footwear that wont come off in mud. Have pfd even if you are wading shallow, you never know. Let us know how you do!
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

A good wade belt with tackle box and sheaths for pliers & stringer is handy. Take just a few proven lures and/or pack to the conditions you're fishing.

Shuffle your feet to help prevent getting stuck by a stingray.

Study Google Earth (use the image history to find a day where the water is clear) where you plan on fishing to identify structure.
Tbolt0405

Post by Tbolt0405 »

I was also planning on going wade fishing for the first time too in Christmas Bay. Good tips here. Thanks!
JWORLEY7

Post by JWORLEY7 »

As stated above. Make sure you are always shuffling. A good wade belt is very beneficial along with a good set of needle nose pliers. Rinse everything off as soon as you get out.

Make sure u have a life jacket, even if you just attach it to a bungee. Also, a good net, preferably one that has a stretch cord on it. I use soft plastics primarily, something like a Norton minnow. They are easy to throw and I can catch multiple species with them.

Good luck and be safe.