The Journey of Life - - -

YakRunabout

The Journey of Life - - -

Post by YakRunabout »

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

This is a quote from the father of my son-in-law, appearing in his obituary. He died recently at the much too young age of 64. I did not know him well and only for the last several years, in his ‘worn out’ phase, but could tell he was quite a character.

Thought you guys may appreciate his quote - - -
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: The Journey of Life - - -

Post by Dandydon »

YakRunabout, I am a Princeton-educated southern gentleman who not only read your great quote but live by it like your wise son-in-law. I'm 66 going on 30; ask Shoffer. Although he usually out-fishes me, he knows I can pedal my Hobie Outback further & faster than all the young guns we've fished with, any age!
My family usually dies young from diabetes, so I made enough money to retire at 40 & became an avid sportsman. I kayak-fish for hours in horrible winds; lead competitive 20-mile bike rides; practice severe Kung Fu every week; & am in the Top Ten of senior (over age 50) disc golf players in the world.
Aside from that I'm a total loser dork. Ha ha. I love fine literature & classical music along w/ my fishing & general ass-kicking. Never been married & pray I'm not gay. I guess you never know until an attractive man grabs you from behind. (Shoffer, is that you, dear?)... Oh my.
Enough philosophy! Are you people ready to fish this Saturday night? Let's see who can defeat the Fishing Attorneys. See you at the Tourney!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I've known both types....gotta say, I miss the ones who lived hard and blew through live with wild abandon.
weekendyakker

Post by weekendyakker »

YakRunabout, those are great words to live by.

Dandydon, your reply was one of the funniest posts I've read in a while. Well done sir!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Weekendyakker, thanks brother-man! I'm a crazy stand-up comic who accidentally became a damn lawyer. And almost everything I post about me is true. Life is too short & brutal not to laugh your ass off whenever you can. Live to laugh & laugh to live. That is what I've learned. Best wishes to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk