Kayak launch near Rawlings Bailes camp

dead wait

Kayak launch near Rawlings Bailes camp

Post by dead wait »

I e seen many folks put in at the old cut just past Rawlings on the left if your headed to the beach. What I’m concerned about is, where do you park once you launch. I was told a few years back that someone at Rawlings threatened to call a wrecker if anybody parked in there parking lot. Is there any truth to that? I’m willing to pay for parking if need be. Any advice would be helpful.
tailauren

Re: Kayak launch near Rawlings Bailes camp

Post by tailauren »

dead wait wrote:I e seen many folks put in at the old cut just past Rawlings on the left if your headed to the beach. What I’m concerned about is, where do you park once you launch. I was told a few years back that someone at Rawlings threatened to call a wrecker if anybody parked in there parking lot. Is there any truth to that? I’m willing to pay for parking if need be. Any advice would be helpful.
Imagepark here bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I've fished East Matagorda by kayak many times, launching from Rawlings Cut & following the narrow canal approximately one mile to the bay.
You can park across the highway from Rawlings Cut on the wide highway shoulder area. It's wise to avoid parking in any parking lot or in front of somebody's residence. Stay on public property & you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead wait

Post by dead wait »

Thank you fellas for the help.