The NIGHTTIME TOURNEY©️™️

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

The NIGHTTIME TOURNEY©️™️

Post by Dandydon »

Here are the Final NIGHTTIME TOURNEYImageImage️ RULES for the fishing tournament starting Sat. May 19, 2018 at 7pm.
Please get your 2-person teams ready, & hope to see you at our fun event! Bring it on. To the winners go the prizes! Good luck to all.
IMG_6566.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poleposition

Re: The NIGHTTIME TOURNEY©️™️

Post by poleposition »

Poleposition and Farside will see you all there!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for stepping up, men! Shoffer said he expects a dozen people competing, but I came in predicting a dozen TEAMS! Who knows? Maybe we'll do it again next year?
Let's all hope for no thunderstorms that night of May 19th... Charge up your batteries, get the night goggles ready & see you soon at the Nighttime Tourney.
IMG_5951.JPG

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Dandydon wrote:Thanks for stepping up, men! Shoffer said he expects a dozen people competing, but I came in predicting a dozen TEAMS! Who knows? Maybe we'll do it again next year?
Let's all hope for no thunderstorms that night of May 19th... Charge up your batteries, get the night goggles ready & see you soon at the Nighttime Tourney.
IMG_5951.JPG

It is on players!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Shoffer is correct about the Nighttime TourneyImageImage️ being "on!" He & I took advantage of the lower winds & scored some good "night fish" in the San Luis Pass area last night. His redfish were bigger, but my specks were more plentiful! We found that a certain glow/chartreuse Yum lure covered in garlic was the top producer in the lights. Most of the big fish were lurking in the peripheral shadows AROUND the lights, as KickingBack has mentioned.
Shoffer did get frustrated when he couldn't catch anything more despite visible specks & redfish circling in one underwater light. So he pulled his old trick of HAND-GRABBING a 21 trout & holding it high out if the water, laughing like a maniac!
I told him that was against the Nighttime Tourney Rules, but he just kept laughing...
Anyway, we're getting ready for the May 19th Tourney! Hope to see you Night Warriors out there at Waterman's Restaurant, Pirates Beach, West Bay, 7pm. It will be a blast (but no guns allowed, either!).
Let it rip, men & ladies of the night! Go get ya some.
IMG_6432.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG (39.62 KiB) Viewed 4062 times

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Dandydon wrote:Shoffer is correct about the Nighttime TourneyImageImage️ being "on!" He & I took advantage of the lower winds & scored some good "night fish" in the San Luis Pass area last night. His redfish were bigger, but my specks were more plentiful! We found that a certain glow/chartreuse Yum lure covered in garlic was the top producer in the lights. Most of the big fish were lurking in the peripheral shadows AROUND the lights, as KickingBack has mentioned.
Shoffer did get frustrated when he couldn't catch anything more despite visible specks & redfish circling in one underwater light. So he pulled his old trick of HAND-GRABBING a 21 trout & holding it high out if the water, laughing like a maniac!
I told him that was against the Nighttime Tourney Rules, but he just kept laughing...
Anyway, we're getting ready for the May 19th Tourney! Hope to see you Night Warriors out there at Waterman's Restaurant, Pirates Beach, West Bay, 7pm. It will be a blast (but no guns allowed, either!).
Let it rip, men & ladies of the night! Go get ya some.
IMG_6432.JPG

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I was looking at some aerial maps for the E. Matagorda/Caney Creek area and wondered how many pier lights were available for some night fishing trips...?
Obviously some people burn their bright halogen lights over there because I have fished w/ a pier owner on Caney Creek who ran two strong pier lamps. We caught limits of small specks & occasional sand trout.
Any info on this fishing area?

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Not from me Don.

But you got me thinking...If I contact someone at one of these subdivisions on the water and get them ask residents to turn their lights on for the tourney night, is that cheating? :lol:

Most homeowners leave their green lights on most all the time to prevent algae from growing over the light and they have to clean them off underwater or bring them up. The overheads draw bugs and cost more to run I bet so that's why they don't have them on as much.
Being the tourney will be a weekend, some homes turn their overheads on to fish them so do be careful when approaching lights and look for homeowners rods or fishing. They may have rods out and are away for a moment. Got be looking always.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Charlie, I hereby rule that persuading homeowners to turn on their pier lights is allowed in our NIGHTTIME TOURNEYImageImage️ coming up Sat. May 19, 7pm, Waterman's Restaurant parking lot. It's OK to use some smarts & tactics so long as you remain State of Texas & Tourney Rules legal.
Looks like the baywater & fishing action is warming up as we wind down to the tournament.
Shoffer told me he's creating a "Fish List" form to post up here this afternoon. That Fish List would be handed out at the Tourney for use of each competing team to list the species & length of each fish caught for entry into the Tourney.
Hope to see a bunch of you Night Warriors in about ten days (and nights)... Let the games begin.
--Dandydon
IMG_6623.JPG

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Here is the official fish tally sheet. At the end of the tournament, each team will measure and tally their fish, and present same for verification to the tournament directors. Keep in mind that state limits control, so the maximum entries are ten legal trout, three legal redfish and five legal flounder.
Capture.JPG
So, you night warriors need to get to lovin' on Momma this weekend, so that next weekend, you can fish without hassle, tumult or clamor from the missus. This is, after all, the shirt I don when heading out to fish:
flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg
flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg (38.16 KiB) Viewed 3925 times
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks, Shoffer, for posting our Tourney "Fish Talley Sheets" and revealing one of your "secret weapons," your kinship to the great David "Hoff" NIGHT RIDER!
When Shoffer wears his "Hoff shirt," he usually limits out and leaves his competitors confused & babbling!
If he shows up for our Tourney in his "Night Master" mode, I'll have to be on top of my game, too. Maybe I'll wear my colorful mudflap Blumpkin tee-shirt.
Put on your warrior clothes & come join us for the Nighttime Tourney this May 19th! It's ON!
IMG_5906.JPG

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Still too early to get the full wind forecast (7 days prior is best I can do), but here is what is showing right now. temps 77-77, small chance of showers, and not much tide movement or solunar love either. Tough conditions bring out the best in us all!

Wind
wind.JPG
Weather:
forecast.JPG
forecast.JPG (29.18 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
Solunar:
solunar.JPG
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Shoffer, WTF! You just have posted good wind, tide & weather info to all our competitors in the next Saturday NIGHTTIME TOURNEY️!!
What's next? GPS coordinates of our favorite night-fishing spot over on Caney Creek, E. Matty? PLEASE!
Yessir. That's where I lost my virginity about 50 years ago & I remember it like the TKF fishing legends of Mr. Tobin & Capt. Carl! Tell Capt. Carl he gets a free pass in our Tourney for his 48-lb Outback trolling motor! I heard his rig can pull a water-skier!
Let's all agree in advance not to down too much liquor, Monster drinks, cold Purple Haze beer from Louisiana (my weakness), thick beefy organ meats, or other non-approved stimulants.
Thanks for your interest & support. If Shoffer & I see more than 40 of you when we arrive at Waterman's, have a great tournament! We'll be scared off & drive on down to Corpus Christi! Ha ha. OK. Enough joking around...
Go GET YA SOME️...

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Funny you mention CC...after check in, I know some great lights down on the bay in CC with LOTS of lights! :lol:

I should be able to drive there and back by 0700 in the AM... :wink:
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Charlie, please fish within about 120 miles of our Meeting Point, which is Waterman's Restaurant on South shoreline of West Bay at Pirates Beach, on the bayside! Why?
Because we're counting on you to help check the Fish Talley Sheets (along with Chubs?) at our Sunday 8am Measurement & Awards Meeting! Can you handle the pressure? Have you seen those three very cool Tourney Awards?
P.S. Shoffer said he'd pay you $100 cash if you'd turn up your Hobie trolling motor & motor right through our COMPETITORS' fishing lights! Oh my. I had to tell him that's against our Tourney Rules...
Thanks for supporting our little old NIGHTTIME TOURNEY. If it's successful, maybe we'll have a bigger one next year. Especially if our team brings home the victory bacon!

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Here is a picture of the Nighttime Tourney in action:
Capture.JPG
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Sorry to say gents but I won't be able to make this. Have a graduation that day at U.T. in Austin. Was really looking forward to meeting you all. Perhaps next time. Have fun and be safe out there!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

We'll try to take some embarrassing Nightime Tourney photos for distribution to competitors & for posting on TKF.
We shall miss you, sir of the night!
How about that crazy Nightime photo posted by "The Hof?"
"Ha ha, ho ho; bring your best game to our show!"

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Shoffer may get some special tee-shirt printed up! (See below). Don't forget to bring your $20 Tourney entry fees in cash (preferably $5s & $10s). We'll pass out all the entry money to the three team division winners.
Do the math. If we get 300 people, that's a cool $6,000 in prize money! But I'm hoping for at least twelve competitors. Remember, even Jesus was happy with his twelve.
The next weekend weather & tides are looking pretty good! See you soon. Let 'em rip.
--Dandydon

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

IMG_6640.JPG

mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

So I really want to make the tournament but now have a slight problem. I just found out today that my son made Little League All Stars and I am one of the assistant coaches. There is tentatively scheduled a practice followed by a cookout this Saturday from 5-9. I am sure I could leave early but that still wouldn't get me to the meeting spot until around 9 or so. What time will registration wrap up?
Farside

Post by Farside »

It's only Monday and I am already looking at the wind....going to be a long week.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Dear MWatson71:
We want you in our Tourney, so will bend the rules a bit to welcome late-arrivers like you & others.
Tournament Directors Shoffer & I plan to be at the Waterman's Restaurant Entry meeting by 6:30pm next Saturday night. We'll hang around until about 8pm, but will go night-fishing after that.
If you (or other contestants) arrive late, then go ahead & compete in the Tourney, following all the other posted rules. At the 8am Measurement & Awards Meeting the next day, we'll hand you a team FISH TALLEY SHEET to write down & then confirm your catch.
So your only handicap will be maybe starting to fish later than the rest of us. But that should not bother or handicap night-fishing studs like you!
Isn't it great to have a fishing tournament with slightly flexible rules?! My main goal is to meet some yakkers & have some fun. The Nighttime Tourney is merely a means toward that end.
Watch the weather, plan your strategy, and hope to see you next Saturday night...
--Dandydon
P.S. My teammate Shoff the Hoff is getting fired up! Watch out!
IMG_6639.JPG

Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Great smack talk so far - and it's mostly fellow teammate against fellow teammate smack talk looool.

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it due to 2 family events both days and been unable to find a fishing partner just yet. However I see rules are starting to be bent a tad - could we in theory join for the last 4 hours of fishing? I.E. not even hit the water till 3~4AM?
Yes I realize this practically kills our chances of winning, but I'm going to need some sleep because I can't be a zombie on Sunday.

I know this might lead to a few folks "joining" and bailing if they catch nothing and then not pay an entry fee - so maybe a compromise - anyone in this boat has to get there entry fee to you or Shoffer some time the day/ days before hand?? Or just go by the honor system and everyone that wants to enter this way has to pay before the weighting starts.

And perhaps to prove we actually fished and started when we said we did - a picture of yourself at the launch with proper timestamp is required. And also you have to take a picture of each fish you catch?