Boomerang braid snippers

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Boomerang braid snippers

Post by Yaklash »

I have had 3 pairs of Boomerangs since they came out. All of them have had the same design; relatively short snipper blades. Just now on Amazon on their little banner across the bottom of things their data mining tells them to try top sell me (based on previous searches), there is a Boomerang with blades that look at least three times as long.

https://www.amazon.com/Boomerang-Fishin ... A8S2FFYQE9

Has anyone gotten these? How long have these been out? Are all the Boomerangs now this blade length?
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Boomerang braid snippers

Post by Neumie »

The longer blades were an option a year ago when I bought my first Boomerangs. Can't remember why I went with the shorter blades over the longer ones, but man do they cut through blade like nothing. Great tool to have for braid.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yeah, I've seent he long ones. No different to me except they stick out more to catch on things while I carry it attached to my PFD. I like the smaller ones so I don't snip my main line when cleaning the tag end.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Glad the originals are still available. It'll be a while yet before I need a new pair, but the way mine always seem to be in the open position, I can definitely see the long ones cutting something I don't want cut.
Yak-n TX

Post by Yak-n TX »

I received the full line of their products a while back for some promo stuff and they sent the long ones to me. I have them next to fly tying tools for cutting materials but they never did make it out on the water.

I couldn’t see a situation where I wanted longer ones on the kayak, but they do work exceptionally well as a small set of scissors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I have used both and I like the longer ones better. The only complaint that I have about them is that the retractable feature seems to mess up in fairly short order. The string has broken in my shorter ones, and my longer ones are stretched out and hang about 4 inches down from the spot on my PFD where I have them affixed.