Tuesday Galveston AM trip

zech.eppinette

Tuesday Galveston AM trip

Post by zech.eppinette »

As far as weather goes it’s supposed to be really good with the wind finally dropping below 10 mph. ENE. And a low tide that rises for almost 8 hours. Expecting to be on the water at 7am. Trying to get some feedback on the best place to fish before I head out. From what I’ve studied, Christmas bay will be the best launch to paddle out then get pushed back to the launch, but I haven’t had luck in Christmas Bay in a while. My question is... what would YOU do this day? Thanks y’all!!
Chubs

Re: Tuesday Galveston AM trip

Post by Chubs »

If your heart is set on Christmas bay, I'd maybe launch from cedar cut and make my way to Arcadia Reef, fish around the funnels that the reef makes from the combo ENE wind and the rising tide.
Paddle around the shoreline that's on the east side of that pocket area failing anything at the reef.

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I've only caught 1 flounder in the area before during the flounder run when you are supposed to be able to catch them lol!

Here's a rough plan I'd maybe do. Note I have no idea what these places are called other than what Google maps is calling it.
Add description
Add description
If I caught nothing I'd probably pick up and try somewhere else closer to Freeport.
zech.eppinette

Post by zech.eppinette »

Chubs wrote:If your heart is set on Christmas bay, I'd maybe launch from cedar cut and make my way to Arcadia Reef, fish around the funnels that the reef makes from the combo ENE wind and the rising tide.
Paddle around the shoreline that's on the east side of that pocket area failing anything at the reef.

Take my advice with a grain of salt because I've only caught 1 flounder in the area before during the flounder run when you are supposed to be able to catch them lol!

Here's a rough plan I'd maybe do. Note I have no idea what these places are called other than what Google maps is calling it.
possible plan.png
If I caught nothing I'd probably pick up and try somewhere else closer to Freeport.
That actually sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the info. I had no idea there was a reef there. I’ve always fished further the right side of Christmas bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Ya there is definitely oyster reef there, got some nice oyster rash on my kayak to prove it :)

So how did it go? Make it out?