TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...


Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
#2260856
I have been buying KastKing products for a while now. They used to ask me to buy their stuff and do a review and get a refund. I have rod racks, reels, rods, face masks, hats, you name it.
I agree with you about the reel! However, I have to tell you I buy mine for much cheaper on Aliexpress. They have a great fishing selection and some cool lures on there as well.
Reel...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... autifyAB=0

Rod...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... f2e5&tpp=1

I use 30# braid and 20 lb mono leader and haven't had any issues. I adjust the brakes once and then only need adjust the tension on lure change out.
The KastKing stealth and the Spartacus are both great reels! I also have two spinning reels and rods. The rods come with two upper sections with different flexing. I have dropped my reels on the rods and I have dunked both of my bait casters in the salt water and immediately rinsed them off with bottled water and I have not had ANY issues with mine yet. I have had mine for well over 10 months now. Not dropped the spinning yet. I have floats on all my rods so I guess maybe I get to complacent and keep letting them go in the water. LOL
Check out the spinning reels also. They are just as good and you can find a good deal on them as well.
Here is one of the spinning reels I have...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... 17ad&tpp=1
#2260859
https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Perseus-Profile-Baitcasting-Reel/dp/B074V77R2C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523880481&sr=8-8&keywords=saltwater+baitcaster

Been using this one for a little while now, and am very impressed with it. I destroyed a few of my freshwater reels in the salt so decided to get a few of these to replace them. It has worked great. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on big name saltwater baitcasters.
#2260860
Ryanh1801 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Perseus-Profile-Baitcasting-Reel/dp/B074V77R2C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523880481&sr=8-8&keywords=saltwater+baitcaster

Been using this one for a little while now, and am very impressed with it. I destroyed a few of my freshwater reels in the salt so decided to get a few of these to replace them. It has worked great. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on big name saltwater baitcasters.



These look great, I may have to get a couple of these. Can't beat that price!
#2260862
kickingback wrote:I have been buying KastKing products for a while now. They used to ask me to buy their stuff and do a review and get a refund. I have rod racks, reels, rods, face masks, hats, you name it.
I agree with you about the reel! However, I have to tell you I buy mine for much cheaper on Aliexpress. They have a great fishing selection and some cool lures on there as well.
Reel...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... autifyAB=0

Rod...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... f2e5&tpp=1

I use 30# braid and 20 lb mono leader and haven't had any issues. I adjust the brakes once and then only need adjust the tension on lure change out.
The KastKing stealth and the Spartacus are both great reels! I also have two spinning reels and rods. The rods come with two upper sections with different flexing. I have dropped my reels on the rods and I have dunked both of my bait casters in the salt water and immediately rinsed them off with bottled water and I have not had ANY issues with mine yet. I have had mine for well over 10 months now. Not dropped the spinning yet. I have floats on all my rods so I guess maybe I get to complacent and keep letting them go in the water. LOL
Check out the spinning reels also. They are just as good and you can find a good deal on them as well.
Here is one of the spinning reels I have...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KastKin ... 17ad&tpp=1


Then again, these look pretty nice too and I stand corrected they do beat that price!....LOL
#2260870
imaoldmanyoungsalt wrote:
Ryanh1801 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Perseus-Profile-Baitcasting-Reel/dp/B074V77R2C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523880481&sr=8-8&keywords=saltwater+baitcaster

Been using this one for a little while now, and am very impressed with it. I destroyed a few of my freshwater reels in the salt so decided to get a few of these to replace them. It has worked great. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on big name saltwater baitcasters.



These look great, I may have to get a couple of these. Can't beat that price!


I agree! These do look good with the oil port like that! I haven't had to service my reels as of yet since I bought them but one of the reels I dropped in the water has a tiny vibration when reeling sometimes. It's because I still need to open it and clean it and re-oil it. Taking it apart to do is a pain.
Gonna invest in a couple of this brand as well it look s like!!
Aliexpress has them cheaper as well...LOL
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Piscifu ... autifyAB=0

I cannot stress Ailexpress enough for fishing gear and lures. Do a search for your favorite lure (whopper plopper is one that is half price on the site) or favorite tackle and I bet you find something you buy!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ALLBLUE ... autifyAB=0
#2260875
kickingback wrote:
imaoldmanyoungsalt wrote:
Ryanh1801 wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Piscifun-Perseus-Profile-Baitcasting-Reel/dp/B074V77R2C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1523880481&sr=8-8&keywords=saltwater+baitcaster

Been using this one for a little while now, and am very impressed with it. I destroyed a few of my freshwater reels in the salt so decided to get a few of these to replace them. It has worked great. I just can't bring myself to spend the money on big name saltwater baitcasters.



These look great, I may have to get a couple of these. Can't beat that price!


I agree! These do look good with the oil port like that! I haven't had to service my reels as of yet since I bought them but one of the reels I dropped in the water has a tiny vibration when reeling sometimes. It's because I still need to open it and clean it and re-oil it. Taking it apart to do is a pain.
Gonna invest in a couple of this brand as well it look s like!!
Aliexpress has them cheaper as well...LOL
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Piscifu ... autifyAB=0

I cannot stress Ailexpress enough for fishing gear and lures. Do a search for your favorite lure (whopper plopper is one that is half price on the site) or favorite tackle and I bet you find something you buy!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ALLBLUE ... autifyAB=0



Yeah I just went on their site and looked around. Not sure how they sell so cheap but man everything looks about half price or less. I really like reading the reviews for a good laugh. Most are foreign reviews and the language translation to english reflects it!!
#2260886
I buy many items from them all the time. It does take 2 weeks to over a month to get your items but everything I have bought from the site has been quality items. Of course some are just knock offs and are not exactly like others but for half the price I'm your huckleberry!
Mugged by a Redfish

got the new rod yesterday! Can you believe that! […]

Inflatable fishing kayak?

Does such a thing exist? I think I've seen a few […]

Starting over

The jackson kraken 15.5 would be the bomb! I defin[…]

HOW TO KAYAK FISH by DPHAMS

HA! MADE YOU LOOK!!!!!!! gotta love TKF mAnG!!!![…]