Nurture Nature Festival in Baytown this weekend

Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Nurture Nature Festival in Baytown this weekend

Post by Chief Brody »

Hi folks -
Over the course of the last 6 years or so we (some tkf'ers) have had a spot at this festival, sort of a static display of kayak's rigged for fishing where we stand around, talk about fishing, answer questions, and enjoy the festival. In the past I've posted on here asking for folks that want to come out and help - and then kept the notices coming as we got closer to the event, and then posted pics after - we have had some really nice days out there, and we've enjoyed the company of quite a few tkf'ers (including one or two semi famous people) and the crowds that number in the thousands have been fun to talk to.

I'm not on tkf anymore for the most part, so I haven't done all of the advertising for the festival, but I did want to let everyone know that it is coming up this Saturday, and if any of you would like to come out and set up I'll will be there like normal and will be happy to hang out with you. I'll post the flyer on this but basically it's 10am to 4pm at the Baytown Nature Center - if you want to set up with us, be there from 9a to 9:30a and let the guard know you are a volunteer. We will provide lunch to volunteers. Please send me a pm and I'll coordinate with you are answer any questions.

If you don't want to volunteer but are looking for something to do Saturday, please come out. The festival is one of the best free things you can do anywhere in Texas - with lots of cool activities for the kids and plenty of other things for adults. there are fishing tanks, kayaks (provided by SWPS) inflatables, archery, and lots more. It's a really good time. If you do come out, be sure and stop by and say hi to the old guy with the kayak set up (that's me).
Flyer 2018.pdf
(850.91 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Nurture Nature Festival in Baytown this weekend

Post by Yaklash »

And, as has been the case each of the last 3 or 4 years, it is scheduled for a weekend I have a club tournament....
DANGIT!!