The NIGHTTIME TOURNEY

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: The NIGHTTIME TOURNEY

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Dandydon wrote:Thanks, KickingBack! We were hoping you'd compete in the NIGHTTIME TOURNEYImageImage️ so Shoffer & I could embarrass you, MWatson, Chubbs, Driftingyak, Texas Nomad, Tobin, Big Mouth, Itchy Paddle & the rest of you yakking miscreants!

I have a very big 4000lb motorized kayak ;-)
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I did not realize that May 12 was the day before Mother's Day, so we are going to move it to the night/morning of May 19th. DandyDon will be posting an updated set of rules soon.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

TroutSupport.com wrote:
Dandydon wrote:Thanks, KickingBack! We were hoping you'd compete in the NIGHTTIME TOURNEYImageImage️ so Shoffer & I could embarrass you, MWatson, Chubbs, Driftingyak, Texas Nomad, Tobin, Big Mouth, Itchy Paddle & the rest of you yakking miscreants!

I have a very big 4000lb motorized kayak ;-)

Sorry Tobin, you’re too damn good & professional to fish in our little nighttime tournament! But keep them jokes flying & be talking & lying; it's better than crying.
As Shoffer said, the new Nighttime TourneyImageImage️ date is Saturday May 19th, not the May 12th date earlier mentioned.
We'll all meet up & pay our $20 cash entry fees that night starting at 7pm, Waterman's Restaurant parking lot. That’s 4 nights after a dark New Moon, so our tides should be better that weekend.
I’ll be posting new Tourney Rules in a few days incorporating the new May 19th date & describing the written “Fish List” (of entered fish, with measurements) required from each 2-person team at the Waterman's Measurement Meeting, 7am Sunday morning.
Hope to see you Night Paddlers in about a month, if not before... Good luck!
—Dandydon
Co-Director Nighttime Tourney
IMG_4101.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I'll race you Tobin!!! :lol:

Last week I got more steroid shots for my back so I may be able to put the trolling motor away for a little tournament action, that is if Don and Shof don't hold a drug test testing for enhancement drugs!
Although I would rather fish alone and go around and help others, if anyone shows up and absolutely do not have a partner then I may be able to jump in and ditch the TM at the ramp. Be warned, if I get a partner we will be the ones to look out for winning. I mean, have you seen my catches lately?!? :wink:
I didn't use my TM the other night and did about 8 miles with no back issues so I may be good to go but we'll see.
Don and Shof, I got a few more "prizes" I picked up for cheap (on sale) for more kayakers to walk away with something. I'll send you a pm with info later.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Keep up the good work, KickingBack! Glad to hear your bad back is getting better. Of course all motorless kayaks are welcome in the Tourney. At the Kick-off meeting we'll try to team up any solo entrants. But we hope you'll team up by tournament time.
Bring your fishing gear prizes to the Nighttime Tourney & thanks for helping out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
poleposition

Post by poleposition »

Count me in fellas. Poleposition and Farside will be there! I hope this will become an annual event.
Farside

Post by Farside »

As polepositon stated we are in! Good luck everyone, you will need it.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I like to hear you young pups talk trash & laugh it up! Makes me smile & wince at the same time. Hello.
Every two-person team has an equal chance to win the NIGHTTIME TOURNEY. But sometimes youth gets impatient & doesn't pace itself properly for a full night of fish-hunting. That's when the "experience" factor kicks in & us old guys sometimes bring home the bacon! Yessir.
Thanks for all your entry pledges & watch for the final NIGHTTIME TOURNEY RULES in a week or so. So far about a dozen people have committed to enter. Would love to see about ten teams in the tournament!
Here's hoping for favorable winds & no rain the night of Saturday May 19th. Let's have fun & catch some NIGHTIME gamefish. Stay tuned...
--Dandydon