Billy Sandifer March 30, 2018

joliver

Billy Sandifer March 30, 2018

Post by joliver »

I just heard that Billy Sandifer has passed. What a legend! Let the posts of memories begin.
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: Billy Sandifer March 30, 2018

Post by Coastal Country »

Been dreading this post but knew it was coming.

I’m greedy in wishing he was with us longer, but thankful he’s without pain and at peace. It’s fitting he left this world on Good Friday, Mr. Billy gave his heart, soul and body to the sand of Padre Island that restored them for him when he needed it most.

I got too meet him several times and every time was memorable. Too his famous pep talk (Too me anyway) about fly fishing of “The only way y’all could make fishing more frustrating is to lie on your back facing the dunes THEN cast.”, that made me feel ALOT BETTER about my fly casting skills! Too the quick thinking I had to do when it was brought up I worked on King Ranch and sometimes had too do coyote control (Too this day I’ll take on a Brahman cow over Mr. Billy by the look on his face), Billy was quite protective of his pack on Padre.

Another time with a Fly fishing club we went after Jacks in the surf with Billy and I rear ended his suburban thank god the rust wasn’t as bad as we thought and the damage was minimal. Totally my fault, he’d been stopping and going all morning then he just STOPPED!

Viya con Dios Mr. Billy, may the air always be salty and the tide in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

A big loss to the outdoor community. He was one good guy.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

CopanoCruisin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by CopanoCruisin »

RIP my ol' friend. Diane's and my thoughts & prayers have been with you and your whole family. ......cC