TX fishing podcasts

aggiefisher12

TX fishing podcasts

Post by aggiefisher12 »

Does anybody know of any good fishing podcasts?
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: TX fishing podcasts

Post by Dandydon »

You might try the podcasts recorded Thursday-Sunday morning on local AM station KILT of "The Outdoors Show" hosted by long-time fishing guide Mickey Eastman. I've fished with him & trust his fishing wisdom. Pay close attention when the best guides phone in, like James Plaag, Jim West, Mike Williams & others.
The radio show starts at 4am, then goes until 6am, 7am on weekends. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krfish

Post by krfish »

I really enjoy the CCA Advocacy Adventures Podcast. Really interesting stuff. Image

txbrett

Post by txbrett »

The Coastal Advocacy Podcast is great. I just found it a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still going through old episodes. I tried the Texas Kayak Fishing podcast a while back, but it just wasn't my cup of tea...
Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ultrastealth »

Dandydon wrote:You might try the podcasts recorded Thursday-Sunday morning on local AM station KILT of "The Outdoors Show" hosted by long-time fishing guide Mickey Eastman. I've fished with him & trust his fishing wisdom. Pay close attention when the best guides phone in, like James Plaag, Jim West, Mike Williams & others.
I listen to the show on my way fishing early in the morning to keep me awake on the road. To be honest, maybe once a year I hear something useful. There are just way to many guys calling in to hear themselves on the radio. As far as the guides go, they are careful not to convey anything useful. Mike Williams in particular can spend a huge amount of time talking about nothing.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Ultrastealth wrote:
Dandydon wrote:You might try the podcasts recorded Thursday-Sunday morning on local AM station KILT of "The Outdoors Show" hosted by long-time fishing guide Mickey Eastman. I've fished with him & trust his fishing wisdom. Pay close attention when the best guides phone in, like James Plaag, Jim West, Mike Williams & others.
I listen to the show on my way fishing early in the morning to keep me awake on the road. To be honest, maybe once a year I hear something useful. There are just way to many guys calling in to hear themselves on the radio. As far as the guides go, they are careful not to convey anything useful. Mike Williams in particular can spend a huge amount of time talking about nothing.
I agree with this That and the fact that the sounds of Mickey Eastman's voice makes me want to bash the radio in
Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ultrastealth »

Yaklash wrote:
Ultrastealth wrote:
I agree with this That and the fact that the sounds of Mickey Eastman's voice makes me want to bash the radio in
I don't mind Mickey much. All he does in moderate. I've been fishing with him, and really enjoyed it. James Plaag makes me want to bash my radio in, and if you are ever within a mile of him in Galveston, you'll hear his incessant babble. I can't imagine being confined to a boat with that mouth.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Come on, guys! Why so hard on poor Mickey Eastman, James Plaag, Mike Williams & the rest? I've been fishing w/ all of them many times. Have limited out on big trout & redfish w/ all of them. They do babble & self-promote on the radio, but I also listen on my way to go fishing. Sometimes they convey useful information & laughs.
I try to cut fellow local fishermen slack in case I need a broken-down kayak "tow-in" on the water. Also enjoy talking trash w/ them because they respect & fear me. Tight lines.

Rockclimber

Post by Rockclimber »

If you are not listening to Coastal Advocacy Podcast you are missing a great podcast. Sometimes about fishing, always about the coast and issues that affect. Some great voices of experience have been on these. Go back and listen to them all- you will not be disappointed.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

This isn't based in Texas, but I like the lafishblog podcast.

He's got about 60-70 archived and not done any new ones in about a year, but they have good info in them that translates to Texas pretty well (not all the time though).