Cold weather fishing gloves

WoodsWaterSky

Cold weather fishing gloves

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

I have had the same two pairs of fishing gloves for many years, and they have taken a beating this winter and and both are coming apart. It's time for new ones... I have not shopped for any in a while and I am sure that the technology has evolved to some degree since I last bought mine.
What recommendations would y'all have based on personal experience as far as good gloves?
I prefer fingerless of slit tip so the fingers can be exposed for tying line.

WoodsWaterSky - Wayne
Chubs

Re: Cold weather fishing gloves

Post by Chubs »

I recently bought "Fingerless Ragg Wool Fly Fishing Gloves for Men" from Bass Pro Shop:
http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/fingerle ... 82b9cf8a8c

They kept my hands warm last time I went fishing in 50 deg weather. Water was about the same that day. I kept getting splashed on the hands and even stuck my hands in the water a few times too but my hands stayed nice and warm even though they were wet.

Not sure how they would be at freezing temps though; but not sure I want to be in the kayak if it's freezing either without buying a drysuit.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

The best cold water fishing gloves. Ever. Period. Believe me. That I’ll tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I have the almost the same NEOPRENE gloves as Q. You WILL get hooks stuck in it if you are not careful and "handle all lures SLOWLY". (Ican see a few "hook humps" in yours Q! LOL)
I have great luck with them keeping my fingers warm and being able to handle the fish (even small crappie I can get a hook out of the throat with my gloved finger). Keeps the hands and fingers warm and dry! Great buy. Got mine off Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026 ... UTF8&psc=1
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I have a pair of neoprene gloves that were made by Shimano. I haven't exactly used them "a lot" but have had them for years. They work better than some other neoprene gloves that have seams and another material along both sides of each finger. They have a good Velcro tab to hold the thumb, index and middle fingers back (open?) and they make for much more comfortable fishing when it cones to cold water. But I would never use the word warm. Tolerable.

Cuervo,

I am curious as to what separates those gloves frolm another full neoprene glove. What model and what mm thickness are yours?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yaklash, I know what you mean about the seam in the finger "gut". It hurts sometimes when I move my finger a lot. It's only between two fingers and only bothers one. I am going to "heat" the area and smooth it to make it not pinch me there. I bought these becasue they are tight fitting and allow me to handle my lures easier. The bulky gloves can get in the way a lot. I also have a pair of the H2O Xpress 3mm neoprene gloves but they have the openings in the thumb and first finger to slide your finger and thumb out to use your bare fingers. But the water gets in through that hole so I am not using them becasue of that. The H2O gloves are the "bulky" type but they are only $7+tax at Academy online. Most stores are out of them righ now. If you go in and try to buy them and they are out they will order online and ship free to your home. If you buy online at home you will have to pay for shipping. Right now the link says sold out online but when I bought mine at the store they could order for me.
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/texas- ... atid=19548
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

They’re 2 mm and have slits in thumb and forefinger. I’ve used them at Pyramid Lake and all over the Rockies but hardly ever here. Until now. Never snagged hooks into them either. They just puckered up because they’re thin and wiggly and photograph weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

I just realized that my reply earlier today got dropped and was never posted. Imagine that!
I anticipated Glacier Bay gloves being mentioned here. I have read a great deal about them, including reviews where people were saying they didn't care for the pre curl forming of them. It makes sense to me because they're already curled and which your hand is going to be most of the time anyway therefore it would seem they would be more comfortable. I believe the ones I were looking at work all pro angler and they're about $44 a pair. I don't even know what brand the ones that I have now are but they do not have finger tips on the thumb, forefinger, and middle finger. I am liking the slit flip up fingertips more and more as I look at them though. I think I will invest in some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Here are the old ones I have used for years.Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

i bought the texas slam neoprene gloves from academy a week ago.. after one day of fishing they were falling apart... do not buy. been lookin at gloves on amazon since i went to field and stream cabelas and everywhere else yesterday in search of neoprene gloves... thinking about wetsuit gloves now