TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
By Dandydon
My fishing buddy Capt. Shoffer finally got some deserved recognition of his personal-best speckled trout. About 3 months ago he landed a feisty 28.25-inch trout in Cold Pass, close enough for me to snap a photo before he released her.
That photo now graces the inside page of “Gulf Coast Fisherman” magazine, along with my short description of his catch, below.
Hats off to Shoffer! He says he'll "return the favor" this Thursday when we hit East Bay seeking a 30-inch trout for yours truly. Guess I'll rig up some white Down South paddletail lures...
Tight lines & big fish to all!
--Dandydon
IMG_5550.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Cuervo Jones
Now that you’re famous Shoffer, you can go around kissing people without even asking! Congrats! Be careful of oral herpes though. That’s why I only kiss fish. I hope you smooched that beautiful lady trout. So shiny! So smooth! So biitey and splashy! I’m jealous!!

By shoffer
Thanks, guys. And Cuervo, in the current climate of sexual harassment claims, I am only kissing my wife and my clients' respective asses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By Dandydon
Cuervo, that’s a great fish photo, but I don’t like that mad Russian PUTIN. He probably had an assistant catch that Pike.
Settle back & enjoy a photo from last week of Shoffer & me holding a huge sow trout! He hooked it on a white Tobin weedless whacker, but I had to reel it in. We're applying for a "Joint State Record."
This IS WHY WE FISH, men!
Tight lines & State records to all!
--Dandydon

IMG_5583.JPG
IMG_5583.JPG (103.19 KiB) Viewed 386 times

By Dandydon
Sorry, Karstopo, but it's a photo-shopped gag photo off the Internet. Wish I could catch a speckled trout that big! Plus, Shoffer & I are better-looking than those dudes in the photo...

By Cuervo Jones
Dandydon wrote:Sorry, Karstopo, but it's a photo-shopped gag photo off the Internet. Wish I could catch a speckled trout that big! Plus, Shoffer & I are better-looking than those dudes in the photo...

All fisherman ARE liars!
Except me. So in the interest of good, decent, honest fishing photos, here’s a photo from a trip I took a few years back to visit a buddy of mine in the moors.

In upper Trinity, I hooked a nutria in the top of […]

Surfside area fishing

Hey y'all, I'm new to kayak fishing in this part o[…]

IMG_1866.JPG Nearly new blue camo 2017 Perception[…]