where is the launch for this area?

raruga

where is the launch for this area?

Post by raruga »

hey guys, do any of you know where to launch to fish this area? it is near SNP on the Galveston side
Attachments
Near SLP
Near SLP
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: where is the launch for this area?

Post by Yaklash »

The paved access to one of the neighborhoods has been restricted recently, at least as far as being able to drive to the water's edge. For that area, I'd drive back to the "backside." There's a maze of dirt/sand paths that one can take to get back there. Some have wet portions, so I tend to prefer a 4x4, but have done it in a front wheel drive SUV before. You just have to figure out the best path. Here's the one I'd take in my 4-Runner
Attachments
SLP Backside.pdf
Add description
(50.04 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

If you can't find a launch on that side you can use the public park ramp on the other side and paddle over.
raruga

Post by raruga »

Yaklash wrote:The paved access to one of the neighborhoods has been restricted recently, at least as far as being able to drive to the water's edge. For that area, I'd drive back to the "backside." There's a maze of dirt/sand paths that one can take to get back there. Some have wet portions, so I tend to prefer a 4x4, but have done it in a front wheel drive SUV before. You just have to figure out the best path. Here's the one I'd take in my 4-Runner
thanks yaklash