fishing invite posts?

raruga

fishing invite posts?

Post by raruga »

Do people still post fishing posts on TKF?
I used to be a pretty active kayak fisherman but with life... I don't get to go out much anymore
trying to get back in
I don't see any invites anymore

Ramon
Slayer21

Re: fishing invite posts?

Post by Slayer21 »

This place is a ghost town from what it used to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
raruga

Post by raruga »

thank you, I did notice that. Probably due to facebook
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Don’t see many of those anymore. The one guy who did post them up got into it with one of the sponsors in a very public, very ugly pissing match. Like our pres and Kim Jong Whoseewhatsis. Lots of fragile egos around these days. And everyone’s got a blog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

facebook messed up this site for sure I'm on TKF facebook but never go there .. i did see the other day they were given some prize away and I thought i don't remember any give ways here...then I remember the Billy stick guy .. I do remember guys posting on facebook page they were having a hard time joining here ...
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

larry long shadows wrote:facebook messed up this site for sure I'm on TKF facebook but never go there .. i did see the other day they were given some prize away and I thought i don't remember any give ways here...then I remember the Billy stick guy .. I do remember guys posting on facebook page they were having a hard time joining here ...
I got off Facebook in general and never gravitated towards TKF Facebook.

There’s more kayakers than ever. Maybe they are on the Facebook page. Seems like some of the people that posted a ton several years ago have just disappeared completely. They might have posted 10 times a day every day and then nothing. Did they get a boat, get put in jail, move away? Don, aka saltykat, moved away. But a lot of former regulars are gone without a trace.
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

There's a lot of silent watchers on this site (I'm one most of the time). Traffic has gone down due the new format and the Facebook group, but I still enjoy this forum with its different vibe and helpful info. I'll post up next time I can go, but don't hesitate to post if you're looking for a fishing buddy for your next trip.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

raruga wrote:Do people still post fishing posts on TKF?
I used to be a pretty active kayak fisherman but with life... I don't get to go out much anymore
trying to get back in

Ramon
Hey Ramon, welcome back?? I think the invites are something that happen if someone posts them.

I personally have never done a TKF meet-up to fish. I have a list of folks I have been fishing with for anywhere from 3 to 40 years. One came from this site. A few others I know through work, but most I know from growing up together. But if you or anyone else wants to find people to fish with, I think there are still people left who would do it, tho I suspect some may have left with the guy who had the dust-up mentioned above. I hated to see him flame out like that because he did get a lot of group trips together and was generally good for the site.

Who mentioned giveaways? I remember Billy Stix and his custom rod promotions; much talking, much promotion, one winner :( He'd ask members to post their hard luck stories and he'd subjectively select a winner :? I'd have been happier with a straight up raffle where I paid $5 or donated 10 cans of food for a chance to win.

Closest thing we have to that on this site these days, and I dare say it's much better because it's about knowledge & everyone who reads it benefits from it, and that is when Troutsupport pipes in with tips and advice. That advice is always golden and everyone benefits, not just the winner(s) of a giveaway. Plus the Harvey discount thing has been awesome for me and my stocking stuffer list.
raruga

Post by raruga »

Yaklash wrote:
raruga wrote:Do people still post fishing posts on TKF?
trying to get back in

Ramon
Hey Ramon, welcome back?? I think the invites are something that happen if someone posts them.

I personally have never done a TKF meet-up to fish. I have a list of folks I have been fishing with for anywhere from 3 to 40 years. One came from this site. A few others I know through work, but most I know from growing up together. But if you or anyone else wants to find people to fish with, I think there are still people left who would do it, tho I suspect some may have left with the guy who had the dust-up mentioned above. I hated to see him flame out like that because he did get a lot of group trips together and was generally good for the site.

Who mentioned giveaways? I remember Billy Stix and his custom rod promotions; much talking, much promotion, one winner :( He'd ask members to post their hard luck stories and he'd subjectively select a winner :? I'd have been happier with a straight up raffle where I paid $5 or donated 10 cans of food for a chance to win.

Closest thing we have to that on this site these days, and I dare say it's much better because it's about knowledge & everyone who reads it benefits from it, and that is when Troutsupport pipes in with tips and advice. That advice is always golden and everyone benefits, not just the winner(s) of a giveaway. Plus the Harvey discount thing has been awesome for me and my stocking stuffer list.
thanks yaklash, I am trying to get back in