dont forget to pick up those TSL lures!!

screwston420

dont forget to pick up those TSL lures!!

Post by screwston420 »

got my pack of pink and chicken on a chain yesterday in mail... drove to smith point this morning, was throwing topwater mirrolure with no luck but i could see fish.. threw on chicken on a chain and on the first cast pulled in a 22" slot red for dinner oh ya im hooked on TSL lures...Image

even a perfect corner of the mouth hookset...

even with my snap swivel :lol: :lol:
great work Tobin!!
screwston420

Re: dont forget to pick up those TSL lures!!

Post by screwston420 »

i know it looks under 22" but i got a more accurate measurement later on just no pic. dead on 22"
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Strong vote for Trout Support and Tobin.
We had a blast fishing these at Arroyo and S. Padre last week.
Both dock fishing in the dark (stinky pink and bone diamond) and dog-walking on the flats (chicken on a chain), they paid off great.
They cast like a bullet even into the teeth of a beating wind, and they're just a hoot to fish.
When this lure hits the water, any fish in range will impale itself.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

Agreed. Especially about the casting into wind. Will be ordering more very soon. If only I could convince my wife that I need the DVDs as well :lol:
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

screwston420 wrote: If only I could convince my wife that I need the DVDs as well :lol:
Just tell her you want them for Christmas.. that usually does the trick.. They won't let YOU buy them, but if you suggest to them that's what you want for Christmas they'll get them for you. Best 2 for Kayakers are the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Reds DVD.. probably the best 2 we have and many people say they are the best tools on the market.

Here's some cool pics of the lure TSL Grass Walker doing some heavy lifting.. literally. Buddy of mine is a Big Trout tournament guy and he took a back to Chandeleur this past weekend. Here are some pics he sent me. - from Mike Douglas of Galveston / League City, Tx
Attachments
TroutSupport_com lure speckled trout.jpeg
Speckled Trout and Redfish Damage 50.jpg
Baad Marine lures Mike Speckled Trout.jpg
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I now have 6 fishing days under my belt with these lures. The first 4 days I'd already had fishing with the TSL Grasswalker baits were good to great. No huge fish, but where the fish were biting, I was out-catching the others until they tied one on. But this past weekend, I had a chance to really see the action of these baits because the biting was not so good and I had to resort to extreme measures to try to find fish.

I was getting back into the boat, which was anchored up against a grass shoreline, when I saw some bait action in a pond 20 yards back into the marsh. The water was gin clear and the bottom was mostly short grass with a few bald spots. I cast the lure across the pond, into the grass on the other side....no worries, it's weedless. A few light tugs later & the lure lightly falls into the water. I could see the walk-the-dog action almost the entire length of the retrieves. I caught three rat reds in two such ponds and I saw all three turn, approach and then crash the bait. Very realistic action. I was using the Bone Diamond, so it was easier to see.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

here's some photos I posted of the grass at S. Padre, and the chicken on a chain - perfect match.
Image Image
Also, if you hold this lure up to the sun, the coloration is perfect.
preast

Post by preast »

Got some in Bone Diamond and Pink. I don't do a lot of conventional, so Tobin's hook recommendation and his rundown of how to rig his plastics was really helpful for me.

https://youtu.be/voCTrLSn3IU

My plan is to try these out sometime over Thanksgiving. Flyrod comes first but still going to try these and I use conventional most of the time to find fish. I'm assuming this is what it's supposed to look like:
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

preast wrote:...
My plan is to try these out sometime over Thanksgiving. Flyrod comes first but still going to try these and I use conventional most of the time to find fish. I'm assuming this is what it's supposed to look like:
Hi friend,
Looks just right.
Blind-fishing a fly rod in the salt is usually too much work, with the probable exception of dock fishing at night, or a sinking line on a tide pass in a falling tide, where your odds of hooking up are high.
If you do any drifting and blind-fishing in the salt, this lure is the best I've ever used. It's fun to fish and the way fish aggressively react to it is part of the fun.
If you read my Arroyo report, two of us on the trip are pretty serious flyfishermen - we rigged fly rods and didn't use them, because we were having too much fun with these lures. There's no better lure to throw when you're sitting in a kayak.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

That will work! If you can find a better hook with the hook bent out a bit more so that it can still ride weedless but the hook is "up" more to ensure a good hook set. With the hook pointed "down" into the bait it makes the hook set a bit harder to bite into the flesh of the fish mouth.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

He can just bend it up just barely... it's not far off and actually within the specs. rockport Rattlers are bent more than that one is and they still work good.. but yeah, just barely bend it up to where the point goes right to the top of the eye. Use a ruler or pop sickle stick and it helps.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

good idea tobin. ill have to slip the link for those 2 vids into a text to my wife haha. keep up the great work and great customer service. you should be very rich one day...
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

The 4/0 size of VMC's Extra Wide Gap Swim Bait Hooks are ready to go, no bending. They are quality. They are strong. I have used their weightless and 1/8 oz weighted versions. Looking for a little heavier weighted one, but VMC doesn't have one. I'd like to be able to get these baits deep in a current.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I just bought some drop shot tackle to see about fishing it drop shot for flounder... will let everyone know how it works but might take a couple weeks.