Rockport Rock Pier Near destroyed Art Center

texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Rockport Rock Pier Near destroyed Art Center

Post by texnomad »

I have been busy for the last couple of days but a few minutes showed up for fishing. A bout five casts and a 23.25 inch speck hit the deck on a whiteish Storm Wildeye Shad. It was a good fight and a really pretty fish. She went back in to make me some more trout for next year. They are there if you have time to fish for them. Soon I hope to have more time for fishing.
TexasJim

Re: Rockport Rock Pier Near destroyed Art Center

Post by TexasJim »

Thanks, texnomad. Recently you mentioned fishing Little Bay. Do you fish the artificial reefs, or in the channel further out? I see wadefisherman out by the reefs, but is there a better spot for kayak fishing? TexasJim
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Rockport Rock Pier Near destroyed Art Center

Post by texnomad »

Little Bay is so diverse that basically you have to try everywhere. One area may be good for three or four days then suddenly nothing. Then another place will suddenly be yielding fish. After a bit you will start to know a few of the regulars and we keep each other informed of the best recent location. In the three weeks of winter in January the "wye" of Allegro channel where it enters Little Bay near the Saltwater pool is THE HOLE to be fishing. Also tidal movement makes a big difference. I really do not see lots of big fish come in. However lower slot size fish can be an abundant item many times.