Clay Banks November 4

The Fat Kid

Clay Banks November 4

Post by The Fat Kid »

I've heard recently that The Clay Banks is open again. Is anyone interested in a group trip on November 4? We can meet at first light and paddle down to Cox Lake to fish the shell reefs. Stay as long as you like, bring as many as you like. Who's in?
thinshavings

Re: Clay Banks November 4

Post by thinshavings »

Where are the Clay Banks??
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge right down below Hoskins Mound road and on Bastrop Bayou. The story was that people trashed out the beach launch there so the refuge shut it down. I think this was last year. It's the closest kayak launch to the waters like Cox and Lost lake and Bastrop Bayou above the ICW.
taylor.barnette

Post by taylor.barnette »

I would be up to go! Two weeks ago I put in at amigo Ln and paddled all the way back to Bastrop Bayou but didn’t have much luck! Caught one slot red that was 24 and a few smaller rat reds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by DelSol »

About time! Hopefully it will stay clean this time 8)
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Here you go. Image

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

Don't mean to de-rail this thread BUT...I haven't been yak fishing very long. The first thing I noticed when launching at the bays was how trashed out the areas were.....more than shocking really.
WTH is wrong with some people??
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

thinshavings wrote:Don't mean to de-rail this thread BUT...I haven't been yak fishing very long. The first thing I noticed when launching at the bays was how trashed out the areas were.....more than shocking really.
Some people are used to having other people, parents, wives, girlfriends, the government, etc. taking care of them and do a poor job with handling things on their own. Other people get too intoxicated to deal well with trash. Some come from places, families, cultures, areas, where aesthetics and hygiene are poorly understood or someone else's problem. Some are just mad and want to stick it to whomever they can. Lots of reasons for trash.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

karstopo wrote:
thinshavings wrote:Don't mean to de-rail this thread BUT...I haven't been yak fishing very long. The first thing I noticed when launching at the bays was how trashed out the areas were.....more than shocking really.
Some people are used to having other people, parents, wives, girlfriends, the government, etc. taking care of them and do a poor job with handling things on their own. Other people get too intoxicated to deal well with trash. Some come from places, families, cultures, areas, where aesthetics and hygiene are poorly understood or someone else's problem. Some are just mad and want to stick it to whomever they can. Lots of reasons for trash.
People suck.

The Fat Kid

Post by The Fat Kid »

That's why they locked the gate for so long. I've heard from people who live at Demi John that it's open. I usually carry a trash sack with me when I go so I can clean up a little while I'm there. I can bring extras if you'd like to help.
The Fat Kid

Post by The Fat Kid »

karstopo wrote:
True story.
The Fat Kid

Post by The Fat Kid »

One week out. I'll stop by while I'm down there this week to verify that the gate is open. Will post as soon as I know.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I already have plans for Saturday, but I’m looking forward to the trip report that comes out of this adventure. Weather should be perfect!

Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

just a heads up that there may be heavy boat traffic down that way with opening day of duck season being this saturday (south zone) including airboats. heads on a swivel out there!
The Fat Kid

Post by The Fat Kid »

Well, I got called to work on Saturday. I hope anyone who goes has a great day. I wish I could be there.
thinshavings

Post by thinshavings »

Did ya'll go?
How was it?