Learning Offets Bayou

Chrisrambo

Learning Offets Bayou

Post by Chrisrambo »

I have just moved to Galveston, which means I've gotta learn new waters. I have decided Offets is a good place to start. I will be launching at the end of 103st. or maybe 61st where the county Park is. I ve been studying the hook n line map ad well as satellite maps. I'm really excited to learn the area and have a few spots I'm thinking about trying, depending on conditions. If anyone is familiar with the area and is willing to give a few pointers, I would appreciate it. Thanks
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Learning Offets Bayou

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Shhhhhhh, you're not supposed to ask about that place ;-) JK ;-) No fish in Offats or Chocaolate (at least that's what the say ;-)

Offats is big and deep and surprisingly has a good bit of oyster still left in it despite the drought. Fish the drop offs from the shallow and anywhere you can find oyster and along any of the little channels that lead off of it. It's not an easy place to learn though and is seasonal and weather dependent. There's also little rock piles that you can hit that are also structure and they will have oyster on them as well.

Good luck on you adventure.
the fish finder

Post by the fish finder »

when are you goin
Chrisrambo

Post by Chrisrambo »

I pretty much fish somewhere daily. I try to fish the right times depending on tides. Next week looks good for fishing, especially the later part of the week.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

The water is almost always moving somewhere. If it's not moving in the main bays it's usually draining out or in of some marsh or marsh cut. good luck guys.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Given its depth, I have always considered Offat's a winter spot. Let us know how you do!