Galveston jetties ???

deleon23

Galveston jetties ???

Post by deleon23 »

Hey guys, do any of you guys/ladies know if gas generators are allowed out on the jetties?
(I'm talking about the ones off the seawall)
Thanks in advance
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Galveston jetties ???

Post by kickingback »

Why not? For what reason would they not let you take your own gear onto a jetty? It is not against the law and you are not hurting or bothering anyone so go for it! It will be hard with the rocks separated like they are on the jetties.
If you can haul it on the jetties then you can fish with it. They can not allow it at TCD and not any other jetties. Not an option in Texas! Good luck!
deleon23

Post by deleon23 »

thanks kickingback
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

There are mixed reports from the jetties right now.. Fresh is pushing through the rocks. But off the end there is some Bull Red Action... just post up your report in Fishing Reports so we can help others by confirming or denying what's going on where.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

The "jetties" off of the seawall are more accurately called rock groins in these parts, at least by the old timers :lol:

People take generators out to the rock groins all the time. Be prepared to have company once you get set up :D . It doesn't take a lot of light to attract bait. We used to take 2 or 3 Coleman lanterns down there and catch trout at night throwing live shrimp into the soft light within 6 feet of the rocks
deleon23

Post by deleon23 »

Thank you Mr. Yaklash....
Had a change of plans for the night so i didn't do any fishing.
But more importantly, I would like to apologize to any and or all "rock groins" that may stumble upon this post. My intent was not to foolishly address you by the wrong name.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

deleon23 wrote:But more importantly, I would like to apologize to any and or all "rock groins" that may stumble upon this post. My intent was not to foolishly address you by the wrong name.
Now THAT's FUNNY!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

deleon23 wrote:Thank you Mr. Yaklash....
But more importantly, I would like to apologize to any and or all "rock groins" that may stumble upon this post. My intent was not to foolishly address you by the wrong name.
:lol: Funny indeed. The only reason I pointed it out is that I was pretty sure from his response that one of the responders thought you were talking about the "Galveston Jetties"... the two big ones.

The prospect of getting a generator out onto one of the Galveston Jetties would be daunting to say the least, whereas taking one out onto the rock groins or the Surfside Jetty is very doable, as they have smoother walking surfaces.
TimmyT140

Post by TimmyT140 »

deleon23 wrote:Thank you Mr. Yaklash....
You get a pass this time - don't let it happen again, or else. :mrgreen:
FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

TroutSupport.com wrote:There are mixed reports from the jetties right now.. Fresh is pushing through the rocks. But off the end there is some Bull Red Action... just post up your report in Fishing Reports so we can help others by confirming or denying what's going on where.
Jetties are good. We went out Saturday to the south jetty, caught trout in the 18" range, reds in the 24" range, smacks in the 14-24" range, and black tips. We didn't have to move, they were staying in one spot. The trick though, you probably weren't catching unless you were throwing a spoon. I got one smack on a popper and one on a Z-Man Trout Trick, but other than that we all caught at least 8 keeper fish each on a 3/4 to 1-1/2oz spoon, gold and silver. I lost about 7 lures; it was on fire.

Sunday on the north jetty was a bunch of reds in the 18" range, one nice 20"+ speck, and one flounder.
FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

FwistedTucker wrote:
TroutSupport.com wrote:There are mixed reports from the jetties right now.. Fresh is pushing through the rocks. But off the end there is some Bull Red Action... just post up your report in Fishing Reports so we can help others by confirming or denying what's going on where.
Jetties are good. We went out Saturday to the south jetty, caught trout in the 18" range, reds in the 24" range, smacks in the 14-24" range, and black tips. We didn't have to move, they were staying in one spot. The trick though, you probably weren't catching unless you were throwing a spoon. I got one smack on a popper and one on a Z-Man Trout Trick, but other than that we all caught at least 8 keeper fish each on a 3/4 to 1-1/2oz spoon, gold and silver. I lost about 7 lures; it was on fire.

Sunday on the north jetty was a bunch of reds in the 18" range, one nice 20"+ speck, and one flounder.
Finally got the images off my camera, few gems below
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Awesome.. great Job!!!
bowhntr1

Post by bowhntr1 »

Yes you can take a generator out on the groins, as long as you able to transverse them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
deleon23

Post by deleon23 »

N I C E !!!