TroutSupport Deal Alert - Harvey Hangover

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

TroutSupport Deal Alert - Harvey Hangover

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Seeing the amazing generosity out there of everyone helping neighbors and total strangers, and getting to be one of the people that also lent a hand in Rockport for 5 days and seeing even more outpouring of generosity of stranger even helping us where we were helping... We're going to have a one time sale for those that always wanted a TroutSupport.com DVD or lures or both but couldn't pull the trigger. This is also a great time to purchase gifts for friends for Christmas as well. And good for all of YOU that have helped out your neighbor, friend, and strangers.. there are no real strangers on the coast.

Use coupon code Harvey for 25% off our regular price of DVDs (either hard Disc or Streaming) and Lures.
Limited time offer while we rebuild during the 'Harvey Hangover' as some are calling it.

Our DVDs give you confidence on the water and will deliver you increased catches the rest of your life, and your families life. I've had customers begin to take their friends out and be more productive at putting their friends on fish, Fathers are teaching sons, Boyfriends are teaching girlfriends, hundreds and hundred of testimonials.

What's in the DVDs that give that? 14 guides and a Coastal Ecologist. It's not go pro footage its shot with a pro level cam showing you video of exactly what to look for; Aerial photo coverage review showing you how you can find big trout locations in any bay system, graphics to support what the guides on the water teaching is so you REALLY understand it and apply it. Also, it's not just a bunch of talking about everything.. it focuses solely on the skillset of finding the fish and does it in such a way that you can duplicate it on the water if you really apply what's in the DVDs. It may or may not be first time out, but you will increase your catches.

Best 2 for Kayakers are the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Reds DVD... both nearly 2 hours long
and tons of information that focuses on helping you find productive water faster and find the fish as compared to just blindly casting.

BUT, don't take my word for them, ask others on this board or in your angling community; most will tell you if they've watched several of them. Also, we stand behind them 100% as you go forward and are available after you purchase them anytime you want for any question you want. You can also google "TroutSupport DVD testimonial or shout out" - 99% positive reviews which says a lot after being here for 8 years and planning on being here a lot longer.

If you got something from the DVDs also tell people on this thread.
LocoSeamonkey

Re: TroutSupport Deal Alert - Harvey Hangover

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

that is awesome! I will be getting the big trout DVD and maybe even some lures.

Any plans on selling hooks to go with those lures?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

There is a plan to have a hook for it, I'm researching and testing a bunch of different hooks to "get to the point " so to speak of the things that either hinder hookup ratio and ways to solve that. I have my thumb on it (Ouch) ;-)

For the time being the best two available seem to be the Owner Twistlock 5132 unweighted or minimally weighted (don't need the weight to cast it.. it cast awesome for a weightless bait). The other is the VMC 5/0 Drop EWG weighted or unweighted. I fish it unweighted 99% of the time. Only time I fish it with weight is if I'm casting into the wind for a long time.

Here's a clip on how to fish it.. big note.. When you get a hit, reel down to take up slack and set the hook hard! Should have a 90 + % hook up ratio doing that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwZeqF6Qvw

Big Trout DVD.. for example.. if you use what's in the Big Trout DVD you can find 49 specific big trout spots in East Matagorda. These are spots and both I and the guides I know use regularly. 99% of boaters drive right by them. You'll also see what to look for to have you STOP at the right one. Where's Bill Casimir (TxSpeck)? He's a TKF guy and a customer that knocked it out of the park last year. with some studs in Matty. Can be used in any bay as well.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Thanks Tobin. I know 25% is a big sacrifice for you, but believe it's a good thing. Just remember your early customers when new colors are released :D

I am not affiliated with, nor do I stand to gain any monetary gain from recommending Troutsupport products. That said:

As someone who has been fishing saltwater for over 40 years, I thought I knew it all. When I met Tobin at one of his meet and greets, and we talked for a couple of hours about fishing over a few beers, he told me, "hey, these may not be for you, but just get the Big Trout DVD and if you don't think you learned anything, I'll refund your money and let you keep the DVD." This guarantee (or one similarly worded) is on his website BTW - if you know it all and don't learn from these DVDs, he will refund your money. I highly doubt anyone has ever taken him up on that guarantee, but if so, I want to fish with that guy....I think :lol:

So I got the Big Trout DVD and after watching it a couple of times, not only did I NOT request a refund, but I bought the remainder of the 4-pack (Tobin gave me the 4-pack price retroactively). I knew something about most of the subject matter. I knew a lot about some of the subject matter, but I have learned something new on just about every aspect of the Big Trout and Shallow Red DVDs; the 2 I've watched the most. Not being much of a Red hunter in my early days, I would say that the Shallow Water Reds DVD is the one from which I have learned the most.

I learned how to better read Google Earth satellite images, more about seasonal movements of bait to and from the Gulf, or to winter hiding in the bays, more about shell and mud than I ever imagined was relevant, learned about how to read redfish slicks (they are distinctively different) and I confirmed most of what I knew about which lure types and colors were most appropriate for different conditions. These are just a few of the things I have learned.

As to the lures, I regret to say that I have not yet fished with them since buying them. I rarely fish the summer months unless it's in the surf, and that has been blown out every time I had the chance to get down there. I will be testing them within a couple of weeks, however, and will have a report after that. It has been a long time since I did much bass fishing, so I am a little worried that I have forgotten how to properly set the hook with a weedless rigged soft plastic.... :oops: I will say that so far, I have found the VMC hooks to be more available than the Owner and the VMC brand is one I really trust for saltwater corrosion resistance.

Now I got to get me some more packs of lures for Christmas stocking stuffers before this discount runs out
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

I WILL NOT be buying your DVDs....Because I already own all four of them and love them. Definitely took me from the saltwater n00b I was to a mediocre saltwater fisherman in a short time. It has also given me resources to continue to learn. I pick something up each time I watch them. They are so packed with info it's hard to digest in one sitting.

I will pick up some of your lures though. You are right in that they cast forever weightless. I was surprised TBH. The action on them is great.

Keep up the good work. I've already told several of my buddies you are thinking about doing a casting seminar and they are 100% on board.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Well said Yak. I', with you on this.

Thanks Tobin!!!
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

Yaklash wrote:I have found the VMC hooks to be more available than the Owner and the VMC brand is one I really trust for saltwater corrosion resistance.
I too have found that the Owner hooks rust rather quickly. I will look for the VMC next time at the tackle shop. Hopefully they have them otherwise I'll put in an order online somewhere.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

I to have all 4 of your DVDs. I bought them not long after I bought my first kayak 3 1/2 years ago.
Like mmwaggie said, the information in them brought me from a complete saltwater noob to a halfway decent saltwater fisherman. Every trip I go on (which is almost every weekend these days) I get to apply something new I learned in them.
I was able to apply something I learned again just last Sunday and pulled a nice 24" redfish out on a very tough day. If I hadn't watched your DVD's I guarantee I would have been skunked. Thank you!!

By the way, I just got your company email you sent out to your customers, all I can say is outstanding! You truly do go above and beyond, being so generous with the fishing information and advise. You answered some good questions regarding post Harvey fishing!
Thanks again Tobin
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thank you all, I really appreciate it. Seeing you guys growth as anglers is what its all about.

Guarantee... actually Yaklash about a dozen people over 8 years (almost 10,000 customers) have taken me up on my offer of that. 9 of those 12 were fishing guides or some 30 to 40 years and they confirmed that they did use the very same methods and had wished they had something like the videos when they got started. So that's not too bad over that period of time and % wise. 99 % positive reviews.

Here's even a note from Kean Tonetti about what she got out of the DVDs...
"We have learned more from your videos than the guides we have fished with (except Shellie Gray, who is amazing and very generous about sharing her knowledge) - plus its a lot cheaper! "
LocoSeamonkey

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

if you buy the DVD do you also get the online access; or is that a separate purchase? like a purchasing 2 DVD's?
Bayou Burner

Post by Bayou Burner »

I've been using some Berkley Fusion 5/0 Swimbait hooks replaced the keepers with large size Owner CPS springs as Tobin has suggested, they work great.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

LocoSeamonkey wrote:if you buy the DVD do you also get the online access; or is that a separate purchase? like a purchasing 2 DVD's?
For the sake of the Harvey Sale.. I can do that, but it's a little different, I'll do it as an Added Bonus if you get the DVD at Regular Price. That way it works for both of us. ... Just go in to the site and find the link on the bottom for Physical DVD https://troutsupport.com/shop/ section of the site and purchase the Hard DVD with no coupon code.. Then send me an email at tobin@troutsupport.com - I'll give you access to the Digital Streaming version as an added Bonus.
wrote:Berkley Hook
Thanks for the good info!!! Others are also sharing that the VMC Drop Dead EWG 5/0 is working, and the Owner Twistlock 5132 4/0 as well. Reel Down and Set that Hook!

Joshua with Marker 54 used some in East Matty Thursday and he caught a nice trout on it. If ya'll haven't tried Marker 54's hard shrimp... Yo, That Thing is a Bad Ass! If any of ya'll are Vudu users or fish with something similar the 54 is an upgrade.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.03.05 AM.png
JMS

Post by JMS »

Time to finish out my collection with the Big Trout DVD already have the lures...Really like the Shallow Reds for the areas I fish most from Kayaks, but there all great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
titanic2

Post by titanic2 »

Just ordered mine Friday! Can't wait for it to come in!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Good deal titanic2. Y'all feel free to hola after watching them and ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

So I finally got on the water this weekend and had a chance to try out the Troutsupport Lures. Two days fishing the POC area and all I can say is "As Advertised and More."

One, casting distance - farther than I would ever have expected for a weedless soft plastic. I was consistently getting 35-40 yard casts, though I did have 12-14 mph winds behind those. It also casts into the wind really well. As in just as well as a 1/4 oz weedless spoon.

Two, weedless - Even a weedless gold spoon doesn't stay as clean as this bait when you have it rigged per the video on Tobin's website. Day one all I threw it in was thick grass in 1.5 feet of water, including lots of floating grass. I think I cleaned a grand total of 2 single strands of grass off of the hook eye that day. None stuck to the hook point. Pretty much thinking it's the most weedless bait I have ever thrown.

Three - Walk the Dog. It took me about 10 casts to get my rhythm right to work more slowly than a topwater. This got it to where it walked along the top of the grass instead of right under the surface. Both depths got strikes but the better trout and the reds came when I was working it slower & down in the grass.

Catches fish - Uhhh Check!! The day I used them over grass, I caught 7 trout 14"-18" in about 1.5 hours, once I got in a spot that held fish, plus two reds. Day two, the topwater bite went for a while and I was having fun doing that, while my buddy used the TSL to fish deep in shell, working slow and more of a jig-head retrieve. He caught four or five trout and two reds before I was convinced to switch to it and by then the bite had shut down.

Bonus, not advertised, but legit reason to love these baits - It doesn't get hung up on shell. We were working a deep gut and I was bouncing shell and never got hung up.

And More - This is not just a walk-the-dog bait. It catches fish when being worked like a Corky in 4 feet of water; you have to let it sink for 4-5 seconds before you start your retrieve. It also works on a regular twitching action.

I love this bait and I know quite a few places it be the first bait I throw from now on
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Hey Tobin, is there any way you can get a bundle price for instant access to all 4? Like a digital copy bundle?

Disregard.....I see where the online access for all 4 pops up when you click on one of them and scroll down a bit.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yes sir, you can do the 4 pack bundle price with online access as well. For those wanting hard DVD disc, there is a link at the very bottom of the home page.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's a not that came in on another board from DK2429.

"One of the best investments I made. I was one of those guys.. Had those "spots" I'd stay out for hours without a bite. I'm still learning saltwater, but ever since I got one of his DVD's I've yet to not catch a least a few "
FLKeysMike

Post by FLKeysMike »

I just ordered Shallow Reds and I don't even have a kayak yet! Looking forward to learning.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Tried your lure for the first time this weekend. Used a weightless hook and it still cast as far as you can cast a spoon on my baitcaster!
I've never fished a soft plastic weightless where it felt so natural as this one. I really like the action. Retrieve a little faster and it kinda twitches and pops the surface. Or slow it down and it stays underwater. Most soft plastics I've thrown weightless end up popping right up and drags across the surface even if reeled very slow. I like this one. We didn't really find the fish this day except for 1 flounder that I caught using your lure on probably my 3rd cast of the day. I let it sink and just gave it a couple of slow twitches and fish on. Oh, and we fished some canal lights that night and let it just sink in the shadows to the bottom. A few small specs and countless sand trout would pick it up just as it got to the bottom without me moving it at all. Can't wait to use it more! Here's a pict of my little 15.5" flounder. Thanks Tobin!
Attachments
03.jpg
Reefmonkey
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Reefmonkey »

I've been fishing West Bay since I was a kid, don't get out fishing as much as I'd like, especially now, so never really honed any skills, so I am an enthusiastic but infrequent and mostly unsuccessful fisherman. I'm not looking to break any records or put anything up on the wall, I'd just like to be able to catch keeper-size trout with some regularity. Would the Trout Limits DVD be the way to go, or Trophy Trout?
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Reefmonkey wrote:I've been fishing West Bay since I was a kid, don't get out fishing as much as I'd like, especially now, so never really honed any skills, so I am an enthusiastic but infrequent and mostly unsuccessful fisherman. I'm not looking to break any records or put anything up on the wall, I'd just like to be able to catch keeper-size trout with some regularity. Would the Trout Limits DVD be the way to go, or Trophy Trout?
I have all 4 and I say Trout Limits first. Then the Shallow Reds DVD.
They are good
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Reefmonkey wrote:I've been fishing West Bay since I was a kid, don't get out fishing as much as I'd like, especially now, so never really honed any skills, so I am an enthusiastic but infrequent and mostly unsuccessful fisherman. I'm not looking to break any records or put anything up on the wall, I'd just like to be able to catch keeper-size trout with some regularity. Would the Trout Limits DVD be the way to go, or Trophy Trout?
Troutsupport is the best person to respond to this, but I'll give my 2 cents. For keeper size trout, I'd agree top some degree that the Trout Limits DVD is a good choice. However, if you already know the basics of saltwater and are one who already fishes with artificial lures, the Trophy Trout DVD has more specific information, has a higher capacity learning curve, plus it also covers a lot of the same general subjects as the Limits DVD. SO Trophy Trout first, then, if you wouldn't mind catching reds too, the shallow water reds would be my second choice.
Reefmonkey
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Reefmonkey »

Yaklash wrote:
Troutsupport is the best person to respond to this, but I'll give my 2 cents. For keeper size trout, I'd agree top some degree that the Trout Limits DVD is a good choice. However, if you already know the basics of saltwater and are one who already fishes with artificial lures, the Trophy Trout DVD has more specific information, has a higher capacity learning curve, plus it also covers a lot of the same general subjects as the Limits DVD. SO Trophy Trout first, then, if you wouldn't mind catching reds too, the shallow water reds would be my second choice.
Thanks, that's helpful. My lack of catching makes me think I may have missed some of the basics, and I mostly fish with live bait because I don't really feel like I know how to select the right artificials for different conditions. So it sounds like Trout Limits might be the best start.