Tomorrow morning?

themadhunter

Tomorrow morning?

Post by themadhunter »

Anyone going down to Galveston tomorrow?
Thinking about launching from Louis Bait Camp. Is it even worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Re: Tomorrow morning?

Post by troutslinger »

rball5

Post by rball5 »

I know this is too late, but I went out Friday to Galveston State Park (Oak Bayou) & the fishing was nearly non-existent for me.
I saw one mullet jump the whole day & almost no bait moving (a few hermit? crabs at the launch & that's it). The only bite I got was from a hard head that fell off right at the yak.

One other person was out wade fishing Dana Cove & it didn't look like they were having any more luck than I.
themadhunter

Post by themadhunter »

Pretty brutal. 16 mph winds, it was hard to stay in one place even w stakeout pole.
Didn't see any bait at all.
Hook one rat red that got off at the yak, then had a nice one on that got into some grass and got off

themadhunter

Post by themadhunter »

Then on top of not catching anything, I lost my GoPro.

bigbuzzard

Post by bigbuzzard »

I went out Thursday last week to cold pass. One small red 15", 1 very nice golden croaker, 13", 2 ladyfish in the boat. But constant hookups with ladyfish. Fun hooking up, lots of jumping and leaping. Lost all but those 2. Released all. But Thursday salinity in west bay around San Luis was a whole lot better than now. Hope it a lot better by Thursday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

tell me about it.. only thing i hooked today was a 4 foot gar that broke my 17lb flouro leader off at the rocks out at the bolivar side of the ferry at the broken bridge... then i get almost home... stopped in seabrook to fish and notice my ugly stik with 13 fishing creed reel is gone.... dont know what happened i guess i left it :( was too far and too late to go back. someone def. got it by the time i realized i bet its at the end of martinique ln near port bolivar :(
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

I went out sunday morning and yes the wind was brutal. In addition to the wind we were dealing with duck hunters. :shock:

I ended up taking home two large flounder and caught quite a few more. Was targeting marsh cuts on the outgoing tide. Bit was slow until about 9-10 am.

Sorry about losing your gopro. That's my nightmare. How did you lose it?
themadhunter

Post by themadhunter »

mmwaggie wrote:I went out sunday morning and yes the wind was brutal. In addition to the wind we were dealing with duck hunters. :shock:

I ended up taking home two large flounder and caught quite a few more. Was targeting marsh cuts on the outgoing tide. Bit was slow until about 9-10 am.

Sorry about losing your gopro. That's my nightmare. How did you lose it?
Just tired and not paying attention when I was loading up. I post it on my yak on a gooseneck. I remember taking it off the gooseneck, but don't recall what I did after. I tore my gear bags and truck apart when I realized I didn't have it and couldn't find it. Called Louis Bait Camp and asked them to look for me (twice) and nobody ever called back. I think I possibly laid it on the bow when I took it off the gooseneck and it fell off.