Chirp Sonar & Structure Scan

Boxermaniac98

Chirp Sonar & Structure Scan

Post by Boxermaniac98 »

I purchased the Lowrance Elite 7, after watching many youtube videos and doing some reading on the various units. When it arrived yesterday it has Two transducers, not what I expected. I have installed the Down and side scan if they are both the same transducer, and have what seems to be the standard transducer that I had on the 4 chirp. This made me a little confused so I called technical support and was told that the larger transducer (scan transducer) is the same as the total scan, same part number and that is would do everything I need. Not sure I got an informed tech. I would like to use the sonar and use the overlay function on this unit for both fresh and saltwater fishing. This will be installed on the Hobie PA14. My question is do I need to install both transducers? Does the scan transducer also do the sonar? If i need both the installation guides states to install both at the same end point on the boat. A little difficult to do in a yak, I was thinking that I would get a ram over the side mount for the smaller sonar transducer as the last time I tried to install one on the inside of the hull with silicone I got a terrible signal. Please advise on what I should expect and do for this to work correctly.

Thank you,
Scratching My Head