New free video clip that can be used to walk any subsurface twitchbait correctly.

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

New free video clip that can be used to walk any subsurface twitchbait correctly.

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Hey guys, thought I'd share the newest free instructional clip that I made for you.. especially those that have purchased the TroutSupport lure, but you can really use this video to walk any subsurface twitchbait like mirrodines, paul browns, and rapala subwalks. You could also use it to correctly walk the dog with a topwater as well.

The clip is located at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwZeqF6Qvw

below is just an unlinked photo.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 12.48.09 PM.png
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: New free video clip that can be used to walk any subsurface twitchbait correctly.

Post by Yaklash »

Nice!! I already know how to walk the dog, but that graphic and overlaying on the video should prove uber-helpful to those that are still trying to learn.
LocoSeamonkey

Re: New free video clip that can be used to walk any subsurface twitchbait correctly.

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

Tobin, you have a great way of breaking this material down so it is easy to understand. I know I appreciate all the free advice and tips you give out here.

Thanks for doing what you do.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Great video Tobin! Question: Noticed sometimes you had a belly weighted EWG hook while at other times you had no weight. Any particular reason?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks guys.

The bait does not need a belly weight at all to cast very well and I fish it 90% of the time weightless. There is a way to put a rattle in the bait as well, between the end of the hook slot and the tail. I'm finding that most of the time the ring tail makes enough vibration that I don't need the rattle but if it's muddy or very windy I might use one then. If you do ad a rattle consider rigging them the night before and use a drop of super glue because those head shakers like to shake shake shake .. those rattles right outa those baits. LOL.

If I think I'm going to be casting into the wind I'll use that belly weighted Rockport Rattler (it's 1/8th with a rattle in the lead) so it also lends itself well to fishing dirty water as well without having to carry extra rattles. One note though, if you are in a power boat that hook and rattle set up has to be connected to the reel and not the guides of the rod or it will break and fall out. They're good little hooks but treat them right or take them off between boat rides; in a yak you won't have to worry about it. Again, I use the belly weighted hook only 1 of 10 trips if that.. really don't need the weight at all to cast it, and it walks, and works similar depth with or without it. It might be a hair deeper.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Saw this the first day you put it out on YouTube. Another great tool for us fishermen to use to catch some nice fish!

Thanks Tobin for your knowledge and help! I for one appreciate it.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Nice video Tobin
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Thanks for the explanation on weighted versus non-weighted hooks. Always appreciate the detail!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

As always, you're very welcome. Holla if ya'll need anything.