LSKS award hookspit rods

Floundapounda122

LSKS award hookspit rods

Post by Floundapounda122 »

Does hookspit still give out those cool rods that says LSKS on them that are awards for the LSKS? If I remember correctly they are 6'8 but I don't remember the action. For the people who have won these rods are these rods good rods?
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: LSKS award hookspit rods

Post by Yaklash »

I have not won one, but feel pretty safe saying that those are rods they already make and then they just added a custom label; so you can get one just like it without that label. Who knows where in their wide price range they come from. Their rods range a couple hundred between their lowest price and highest price.

I have won at least ten rods in my life, either for placing in the top five in a tournament or as a raffle item at CCA fundraisers or events like that. 5 of them were AllStar rods and I know the guy who was their sales manager back then. He told me that the rods they gave for prizes at tournaments were good rods while the ones they gave for fundraisers and freebies tended to be overstock. But that was AllStar. Hookspit and other local rod manufacturers may go a different way when marketing their rods in that way.

I will also add that if you compare apples to apples - same rod blanks, same type of guides, same handle/grip design and same length/weight, between a half dozen local rod manufacturers, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind test.
LocoSeamonkey

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

Those rods are from Hookspit's Ricochet series. They are under $100 in the store. They are a medium light action. The one I had landed many fish for me until a black drum took my lure right at the side of my kayak and ran directly under the kayak and I don't think many rods will hold up in the shape of a C for long. Mine broke :(

I think I would save up a little more and get something a little better.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

The rod I received for third place LSKS was a TFO spinning rod, their best model.