Galveston Gulf fishing charters?

05madmax

Galveston Gulf fishing charters?

Post by 05madmax »

Hope this is allowed here if not could admin please move or tell me the right place to post.

My lil niece has been in town for the summer. Her dad and I would like to take her out for a fun fishing trip before she heads back northeast to her mom for school.

Any recommendations of charters that wouldn't break the bank?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: Galveston Gulf fishing charters?

Post by MobyYack »

Rent some kayaks and fish in the bay (Jones bay, sportsman, etc). FTU and ACK rent them

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

There are plenty of bay guides in the Galveston area that would be well suited for young, novice anglers (use natural baits). But you put the word "Gulf" in your title, so I will assume you're looking at offshore.

One of the party boats would be the most economical way to do a trip like that. A private charter for offshore would run well over $600 (been so long I don't know that it wouldn't be closer to $1,000). But the party boats are very affordable. Weekends can be crazy on those boats, but it was actually a lot of fun the last time I did it in my 20s with a group of kids. Bonus: weekends through Sept (I think) you can keep a limit of snapper, and those party boats usually get on some keeper snapper when they are legal to keep.
05madmax

Re: RE: Re: Galveston Gulf fishing charters?

Post by 05madmax »

MobyYack wrote:Rent some kayaks and fish in the bay (Jones bay, sportsman, etc). FTU and ACK rent them

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
I didn't know that. Good to know though. If she was a bit older we probably would consider the kayak route. For now we are looking to stick to a boat.

05madmax

Post by 05madmax »

Yaklash wrote:There are plenty of bay guides in the Galveston area that would be well suited for young, novice anglers (use natural baits). But you put the word "Gulf" in your title, so I will assume you're looking at offshore.

One of the party boats would be the most economical way to do a trip like that. A private charter for offshore would run well over $600 (been so long I don't know that it wouldn't be closer to $1,000). But the party boats are very affordable. Weekends can be crazy on those boats, but it was actually a lot of fun the last time I did it in my 20s with a group of kids. Bonus: weekends through Sept (I think) you can keep a limit of snapper, and those party boats usually get on some keeper snapper when they are legal to keep.
Any companies you recall or recommend?

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

The boat names change over the years, and I can't recall the name of the last one I was on, but I am pretty sure it was with this company. The cats they run are pretty badass.

https://www.galvestonpartyboatsinc.com/
Chief Brody
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chief Brody »

05madmax wrote:
Yaklash wrote:There are plenty of bay guides in the Galveston area that would be well suited for young, novice anglers (use natural baits). But you put the word "Gulf" in your title, so I will assume you're looking at offshore.

Any companies you recall or recommend?

https://www.galvestonpartyboatsinc.com/

We just went on a 12 hour trip last Wednesday - had a blast, caught a bunch of vermillion snapper (no red snapper allowed during the week after regular season ended). I'd look at their fishing reports before going - the 8 hour trip catches mostly spade fish and sharks, so if you are just looking to have fun catching fish, that might be a good option.