Love some throats

El Gato Diablo

Love some throats

Post by El Gato Diablo »

Had a charter with some buddies. Nobody wanted their throats, so I cut them out and brought them home. Ready to enjoy one of my favorite cuts of fish tonight. Sad to think about how many of these end up in the canal after a trip. If they only knew.....

ImageImage
Last edited by El Gato Diablo on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Love some throats

Post by kickingback »

Nice! I have been wanting to catch some nice red snapper and do exactly that! Trout throats are delicious and I bet the snapper are just as good if not better!
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Way to go!! the throat and the pockets of meat behind the eye sockets are the best part of a snapper IMO. Only thing is, the pocket of meat behind the eye sockets are only attainable by cooking the fish head. Why I like to cook my snapper whole if they aren't too big.

Back in the 80-s and early 90s, very few people who weren't salty as hell knew about throats. We did a lot of offshore trips and even more jetty fishing for trout and reds. We usually put in at the Galveston Yacht Basin. You would not believe how many people would throw away their snapper and redfish throats. A few guides I knew would not even tell their clients about them, and would then take the throats home for "the wife." :lol:

So we would ask anyone throwing them out if we could have them "for our crab traps," so as not to inform them of the deliciousness that is throat meat. Go to any cleaning table and you can do this.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

one of the best parts for sure!!! nice work.

There was a little Nam restaurant here in austin and they served the head as an hors d'oeuvre
El Gato Diablo

Post by El Gato Diablo »

Troll? Mods?