Official Anouncement Thread- Change the Way you Fish Shallow Water Forever

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Official Anouncement Thread- Change the Way you Fish Shallow Water Forever

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Tired of having floating grass foul your hooks? Loosing $jigheads fishing shallow oyster? Tired of poor casting distance and accuracy with weedless / weightless presentations?

Here's the story why I created it, what it does, what it looks like, and some fish that I've caught on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOcCIIuGtM

Shipping Now!!!
http://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/

Don't forget your TKF Discount of 10% - Code = TKVA147

Hooks and Rigging. 4/0 and 5/0 EWG with spring keeper. I recommend 3 hooks and others work some as is, some with adjustment.
  • The Reaction Strike JR Series Extra Wide Gap (EWG) 4/0 with no weight(BackOrdered at Roys in CC), and the
  • Rockport Rattler with 1/8th oz. lead with rattle 5/0 EWG
  • Supposedly the Slayer Inc. 5/0 also works without bending.
  • Trokar 5/0 and bent the hook gap closed a little similar to the Reaction Strike and RR.
  • Favorite hook keeper so far is the Large (L) Owner Twistlock (bass pro has these)
  • I really feel like just about any of the EWG 5/0's with spring keepers will work if adjusted a little
Hooks and rigging video
https://youtu.be/voCTrLSn3IU

Closer Look at Colors.

Bone Diamond Glow (It Glows in the Dark)

HouDini (WhoDini)

Golden Roach

Chicken on a Chain

I'm working on the recipe for the pink... and it's going to be 'Bad to the A'
Please suggest other colors ya'll want next!!!

All the current colors can be purchased at
http://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have. And apparently some already have.. I've got testimonial pics rolling in from
Craig Shalor caught 5 five lb bass over the weekend and another angler caught 10 trout along with a new personal best 27"

And a Huge Shout out to my sponsors but one in Particular.. Bernies Boats and Motors in Victoria. Dennis runs the place.. if you ever get a chance to meet the guy please do so. And also SunCoast Marine in LaMarque, Tx both are the best boat shops I know. I couldn't have done this project without their personal help. I know you guys don't have PB's but they both carry a ton of stainless parts and are just great people.

Here are a couple fish I caught with it this spring... with a few others mixed in.
Attachments
Snagless Flounder Fluke Magnet.jpg
Sightcasting Redfish Weedless walk the dog for marsh or seagrass.jpg
Largemouth Bass Lake Okeechobee weedless walk the dog soft plastic.jpg
Gator Sea Trout on Walk the Dog Weedless Lures TroutSupport Baffin Bay 28.jpg
mmwaggie

Re: Official Anouncement Thread- Change the Way you Fish Shallow Water Forever

Post by mmwaggie »

You really hit the nail on the head with this one, Tobin. Great lure with great action that can be fished many ways. I've already caught several this weekend on the bone/diamond/glow and the golden roach. Look forward to the pink when it drops. 8)
StixHD

Post by StixHD »

Just got mine in. Can't wait to try it in the lighthouse lakes area in my yak. And yes to the pink! Really looking forward to slaying some monster trout with that! 8)
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

Ordering this week based on my experience with your dvds. By the way, what's that funny green fish in the pictures? Looks like shark bait to me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I got mine in and found some hooks I had that fit perfectly! I don't remember what brand but I think I got them at Gander Mountain on sale once. I will look. I love my Lures. They feel great like they will take some serious predator fish action! Can't wait to try mine and post results. Thanks Tobin for a great new lure on top of great DVD's for catching these same predator fish! :clap:
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Tobin,

I am hoping for the best for you in this endeavor. When I shared your FB post on this lure release, I got a lot of questions from friends who fish. I have since turned them on to your website and the links to the videos. A couple of them I know have placed orders and I'm on may way to making a second order :D The videos for the Troutsupport lure and the method of announcement has had an impact already and I see success in your future with this venture. I have yet to wet a line since I got the lures, but know I will soon come to depend on them for certain applications. I think I'll need to get the other two colors soon :D

As far as colors, what I would like to see in the future are....

...something like BAs "Firetiger" color (lime green with glitter and an orange tail)
...something more natural - dark green back and pearl/white glitter sides and belly - like a big finger mullet - call it "Finger Lickin' Good" (alluding to finger mullet but also related to the Chicken on a chain theme)
....an equivalent to a Corky Texas Chicken
.... something like Mirrolure 808 - Black over orange with lots of gold flake, call it "Halloween"

Dude, I could go on forever....have fun packing up orders :D :D
IDIVEMIKE

Post by IDIVEMIKE »

Got mine! Can't wait to fish them!
FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

I started using the Eye Strike weedless jigs and I super glued a swimming trout trick to it. I've used the same lure for almost two months, not tail bite offs by flounder and catching fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

mmwaggie wrote:You really hit the nail on the head with this one, Tobin. Great lure with great action that can be fished many ways. I've already caught several this weekend on the bone/diamond/glow and the golden roach. Look forward to the pink when it drops. 8)
Awesome!!!! glad to hear it.. Working on the pink this week. There's been some good testimonials coming in in addtion to yours.

Finalized a Plum treuse last night. How many want a solid purple demon as compared to a plum truese.. basically the difference is the chart tail.

Andy I'm definitely workin on a natural somtime soon. I like the other ideas as well.
Duweezy

Post by Duweezy »

Just ordered me a couple packs! Can't wait to try them out! Now that you have this baby out does this mean we're going to see a flounder DVD in the near future?
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I am interested in your trout support dvd's. Going to your site soon.
Tom

Update, just ordered your Redfish video. I feel smarter already.
ATXyakker

Post by ATXyakker »

Tobin - It was great to meet you tonight at the CCA Austin event. I was glad to see your baits in person and be able to get my hands on some after reading about them here on the site.

Now I can use these in combination with the knowledge gained from the DVDs. Can't wait to get down to the salt next week and put everything to use. Thanks again!

Mark
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Tobin,

You were right. Even the I-10 FTU had limited EWG hooks with screw lock keepers. I found a nice one from VMC (one of my favorite hook Mfrs), but they only had 4/0 and 6/0. I'll see how the 6/0 looks and how the bend aligns before I start poking holes in these bad boys.

Otherwise, I think I'm going to have to break down and order some on line....just not as easy to return (got my $16 back from Academy for those TTFs yesterday :D )
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

Thanks Tobin! I just ordered three packs. Looking forward to giving them a workout.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

And thank you for the discount code...much appreciated!!
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

I found the owner EWG with spring lock at my academy in the Woodlands. I picked up a pack.

And I personally would like a solid purple as that is my favorite DSL color.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

mmwaggie wrote:I found the owner EWG with spring lock at my academy in the Woodlands. I picked up a pack.

And I personally would like a solid purple as that is my favorite DSL color.
Are they saltwater rated? I was able to find better selection if I looked for swim bait hooks in the freshwater section, but not in the saltwater section.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Good point yaklash. The black chrome that all the swimbait hooks are fairly good for a few trips as long as you keep the pack dry. I use a cell phone case to keep mine in. I don't think I've even seen a tinned swimbait hook.

Mark, fabulous to meet you finally as well dude. was good talking fishing with you.
gene1966

Post by gene1966 »

just got mine!!!
thanks for the work :clap: :clap:
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

How can I get some free trout support DVDs?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

You can either get the streaming version online now on the site.. no more shipping nor tax for that and you don't have to wait for the mail. But if you still want a hard DVD you can find them on the bottom of the page under 'Physical DVDs' The cool thing about streaming is you can stream to your phone, watch at work, really anywhere and you don't have to bring your dvds with you.

https://troutsupport.com/
mmwaggie

Post by mmwaggie »

TroutSupport.com wrote:You can either get the streaming version online now on the site.. no more shipping nor tax for that and you don't have to wait for the mail. But if you still want a hard DVD you can find them on the bottom of the page under 'Physical DVDs' The cool thing about streaming is you can stream to your phone, watch at work, really anywhere and you don't have to bring your dvds with you.

That's awesome you are providing streaming services. If we already purchased the 4 pack of DVDs can we get the streaming service? Or do we still have to buy it?
BigJohn2506

Post by BigJohn2506 »

Ordered! Now is September can get here so I can give them a try at Port A. Looking forward to it!
Sigfish

Post by Sigfish »

I got mine in the mail this week and gave them a try in a neighborhood pond. I caught three large mouth bass. I can't wait to use the on the coast.
jnd1959

Re: RE: Re: Official Anouncement Thread- Change the Way you Fish Shallow Water Forever

Post by jnd1959 »

TroutSupport.com wrote:You can either get the streaming version online now on the site.. no more shipping nor tax for that and you don't have to wait for the mail. But if you still want a hard DVD you can find them on the bottom of the page under 'Physical DVDs' The cool thing about streaming is you can stream to your phone, watch at work, really anywhere and you don't have to bring your dvds with you.

Cool. I saw a guy watching a video on his phone at Wilson's cut. It sounded like one of your DVDs. I was wondering how he managed to convert the dvd to streaming on the phone.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk