The Lagoon

TannerJames

The Lagoon

Post by TannerJames »

I was considering getting my boots wet tomorrow morning at the lagoon. Haven't ever fished it but looks promising at the mouth with water movement. Any tips on the location would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: The Lagoon

Post by Yaklash »

Reds and flounder are pretty common in there, though the commercial giggers have been working it pretty hard the last 4-5 years so the flounder size isn't as good as it used to be.

For trout, fish outside the barrier island on the bay side, preferably near breaks in the island where tide flows thru.
TannerJames

Post by TannerJames »

Thank you Yaklash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

How did you do? I went Saturday to Shoalwater and Lagoon. It was pretty crowded around Shoalwater and super skinny. The tide pulled a ton of water out. I went to the Lagoon around 1130 and made it close to the first the duck blind. I saw some reds but the grass was very heavy. It also was very low. I headed back to the launch when it started to rain. I caught a lot of undersized fish in the bay.
Ken J
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ken J »

PACK fished and camped Shoalwater this past weekend. True to PACK Outing traditions, we had to deal with Mother Nature, temp was Hot, we got rained on twice, low tide that negated the Mirage Drives in navigating the shallow water. However, we slaughtered the fish. I have posted to the PACK web site the pictures I took. http://www.packtx.org/Photos/tabid/58/A ... allery-385

Enjoy.

Tight Lines
Ken J