Tropical Storm - What water/wind conditions can I expect

LargeMarg

Tropical Storm - What water/wind conditions can I expect

Post by LargeMarg »

I will be fishing in the Rockport/Aransas Pass area this weekend and I read in another thread that the water was high, along with wind speeds.

Does anyone have opinions on what the water/wind conditions will be like?

Thank you in advance.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Tropical Storm - What water/wind conditions can I expect

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Crummy.
You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I don't know but I would guess high water, higher than normal winds and scattered fish. I have fished pre-storm a few times and found it to be generally not worth the trouble, especially not from a kayak; just my 2 cents. But if you're a marsh junkie, you'll probably find some reds back there, but they will be spread out.

One time, a couple of days before a minor tropical storm was to hit Louisiana, a couple of friends and I fished East Galveston Bay from a power boat. The Anahuac shoreline was completely under water; like covered up with 4 feet of water. We trolled around over grass that would have been 100 yards inland and caught a couple of reds each. That's the best I've ever done.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

There is always the possibility of catching fish but,,,, it might be a better time to stay home and clean out the tackle box, and oil the reels.
LargeMarg

Post by LargeMarg »

Thank you everyone, my brother and I have been planning a camping/fishing trip with my dad for the past two weeks and he's not one for backing out. I wasn't expecting great things so I guess I can look forward to spending some time with the family. ;)
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

There is nothing better than camping with family, fish or no fish. My best memories with my 3 brothers is sitting around the campfire solving the worlds problems!
I know ya'll will have a great time and if it is safe enough you can still enjoy a good paddle on the water seeing the birds and the sights it offers.
Have fun!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I wish I would have caught this thread sooner. Things should moderate by this weekend and there should be lite winds as well. at least that is what is predicted. Middle coast should be fine.. upper coast might still be draining and could have slack high tides or weak outgoing. I think West Matty and South of there should be fine.. good chance the surf will be on fire in those areas as well with lite north winds.
IDIVEMIKE

Post by IDIVEMIKE »

I'm hoping to hit the West Matagorda area. Depending on the rain/thunderstorms I will probably still give it a try
vasquez4advocare

Post by vasquez4advocare »

Headed to SPI to do some yak fishing for the first time... any suggestions or hot spots? Already have four poles rigged up, silver weedless spoon, popping cork, swim bate, and live bate(Carolina rig). Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IDIVEMIKE

Post by IDIVEMIKE »

Against my better judgement I made the drive. One nice trout and the rest was garbage fish. I was also scouting a bit so it wasn't a complete let down. I'll go back when the weather has been better.