POC front beach

RedfishHunter22

POC front beach

Post by RedfishHunter22 »

Just wondering if any of y'all have waded the front beach in POC. Any advice would be appreciated!
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: POC front beach

Post by Yaklash »

I've done a lot of wading in and around POC but I don't know what you're referring to as "the front beach." Want to dial us into where you are talking about?
RedfishHunter22

I am referring to the beach betweenthe little jetties and boggy bayou
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

RedfishHunter22 wrote:I am referring to the beach betweenthe little jetties and boggy bayou
Yes, I have fished there. Where Boggy drains out to the bay (there are two drains), there are usually some trout hanging out as well as flounder that line the two drains inside and out. The shoreline of the bay is rippled with a series of parallel guts that form a type of structure, but it is not as good for holding fish as shell or grass beds. Topwaters, spoons, soft plastics
RedfishHunter22

Are you able to get through the guts like how deep are they
atxguy

Post by atxguy »

Fished it a lot back in the 90's. Stayed about 100 yards away from little jetties and waded out to third gut and caught 15" to 18" trout all the time on Johnson Sprite spoons. Up to waist or sometimes chest deep on third gut. Good luck!!!
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

I took my two sons this past Saturday morning. We waded out from the sandy area in Boggy Nature Park. Plenty of waders there that morning. It did not look like many were catching fish. We waded to the main cut in Boggy.