Aransas Pass area water conditons

GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Aransas Pass area water conditons

Post by GoDoe »

I am here for the entire month of June. The conditions have been bad and seem to be getting worse. When I first got here the water was running 4 inches over the predicted tides and as of this morning it is 10 inches over the predicted. It is also off color and has had lots of floating grass in it.

There is almost no place to pull off of 361 and park to launch. It is all under water.

Thought this might help somebody plan, or not plan, a trip.
JMS

Re: Aransas Pass area water conditons

Post by JMS »

Yes, thank you, heading down first week of July, Usually fish somewhere along 361. Might try some new spots. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

It's the wind. We're in for more wind because it's still be fairly cool up north of us. Until the land and water temperature equalize the wind will continue. The high south or SE winds along with seasonal caused high tides are pushing water up into the bays. Overall it's a good thing but yes it does make fishing tough.

Don't let dirty water deter you though, the fish will still eat. I actually prefer dirty water and the fish bite fine in it.
12pdtest

Post by 12pdtest »

High water making up for all the low water last winter LOL. The wind is a female dog but I am still catching quality fish..high water not stopping me from putting in