Rockport/Port A

Fargus

Rockport/Port A

Post by Fargus »

Been a bit since I have been around here. Life has gotten in the way unfortunately.

The family and I will be heading down to the Rockport/Port A area June 24-July 5 and will be dragging my yak along. I've got a few areas down there I am wanting to hit if anyone is interested in hooking up. I will be doing my best to avoid the water on the weekends though.
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Re: Rockport/Port A

Post by StevenM »

Be down there the 2nd of July and all that week after
Been on em pretty good the last couple of weeks and hoping to find em tomorrow again before i go on a 3 week hiatus of not fishing
Let me know and maybe we can hookup
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Good deal. I can probably get in an excursion any of those days before we leave. Probably even the 5th depending what time check out is.
Michael Meyer

Post by Michael Meyer »

StevenM wrote:Be down there the 2nd of July and all that week after
Been on em pretty good the last couple of weeks and hoping to find em tomorrow again before i go on a 3 week hiatus of not fishing
I am going out this Saturday. Was thinking about hitting the area to the west of Hog Island (immediately to the north and across Shrimp Channel from the first bridge) or LHL back of Lydia Ann Lighthouse. Any thoughts?
Michael Meyer

Post by Michael Meyer »

Also, any thoughts about colors?
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Michael Meyer wrote:
I am going out this Saturday. Was thinking about hitting the area to the west of Hog Island (immediately to the north and across Shrimp Channel from the first bridge) or LHL back of Lydia Ann Lighthouse. Any thoughts?
Should be in that same area tomorrow
Look for a Red Tarpon and a tan Ride and we should be in em. If not there probably somewhere in brown and root

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michael Meyer

Post by Michael Meyer »

I will be in a red ride 115 and my wife will be in a lime green ride 115. I look forward to meeting you. We hope to launch around 6:00 a.m. :roll: BTW, I guess that is the area known as Terminal Flats.
Michael Meyer

Post by Michael Meyer »

StevenM wrote:
Michael Meyer wrote:
Look for a Red Tarpon and a tan Ride and we should be in em. If not there probably somewhere in brown and root

Pretty sure I saw you yesterday. Would you have been fishing near the channel around 9:30 A.M. My wife and I fished from 6:30 A.M. to around 10:00 A.M. How did you do?
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Michael Meyer wrote:
StevenM wrote:
Michael Meyer wrote:

Pretty sure I saw you yesterday. Would you have been fishing near the channel around 9:30 A.M. My wife and I fished from 6:30 A.M. to around 10:00 A.M. How did you do?
By 9:30 we had moved over to Steadmans flats
Got a few Reds but nothing to brag about
How about you guys

Michael Meyer

Post by Michael Meyer »

It was not a very good day. Got skunked. :( I am beginning to think we may be using the wrong type of plastic or maybe we just don't know squat about how to fish. Heddon Super Spook, Jrs. for topwater; Unfair Shrimp and Down South Lures 5" Super Model Hybrid Tail (plum & chartreuse) and Down South Lures 5" Super Model Hybrid Tail (white ice) for subsurface.

Any thoughts?
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

So now that it is a little closer, anyone feel like meeting up? Mornings aren't looking real promising weather wise, but the fish are already wet so they won't care. As long as there isn't any lightning I'm good.
JMS

Post by JMS »

Won't be down until 30th but plan to hit some of those areas 1st through 3rd

Fargus

Post by Fargus »

JMS wrote:Won't be down until 30th but plan to hit some of those areas 1st through 3rd

Maybe I'll get them dialed in before y'all get there then give y'all a heads up.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

Fargus wrote:
JMS wrote:Won't be down until 30th but plan to hit some of those areas 1st through 3rd

Maybe I'll get them dialed in before y'all get there then give y'all a heads up.
Sounds good
If those tides are still up work those flooded areas with some topwater
From what I heard today the Reds were on fire