Hobie Angler rental

chunkeymonkeee

Hobie Angler rental

Post by chunkeymonkeee »

Headed to Destin, FL end of July, beginning of August, and curious to see if anyone knows a spot to rent a Hobie Angler for the week. I have a kayak but I'd like to A) test drive the Hobie in "action conditions" and B) have a peddle-drive for BTB.

Renting from a place somewhere in Florida would be ideal, but if there's anyone in the Houston or Dallas area that'd be willing to rent the yak out for the week for a reasonable price (and signed legal document specifying reimbursement for damages or accidental loss) I'd love to chat.
TexasJim

Re: Hobie Angler rental

Post by TexasJim »

Contact Ty Southerland, of "30 Miles Out" Youtube Channel. He and his wife moved from Rockport to Pensacola, FL last year. They do charters and fishing videos, and I'm sure they can help you, as Destin is just down the beach from them.
Have fun!
TexasJim
ReelBlessed

Re: Hobie Angler rental

Post by ReelBlessed »

You can rent/demo from Austin kayak(ACK). I rented a while back and they are a great help and very understanding. They also do a great even and host kayak demo days which is a help when trying to figure out which is the best kayak for you.
http://www.austinkayak.com/rentals