Heading to Cancun in mid July

aggiefisher12

Heading to Cancun in mid July

Post by aggiefisher12 »

As discussed above, I'm heading to Cancun for 7 days during mid July and I'm planning to do a lot of fishing. The plan is to get a guide to fish the flats on a half day trip since I'm to cheap to spend the money for a full day. Since the resort is one the beach that is where I'm planning to do most of my fishing. I'm pretty sure the kayaks that the resort has wont be comparable to a JK cuda or Hobie Pro Angler kayak fishing maybe out of the question. My plan is to bring a MH 6.6 travel spinning rod and a 8.0 heavy action spinning rod for surf fishing.

So does anyone have any tips and/or advice for fishing in that area without spending a ton of money on a guide.
bigtrout

Re: Heading to Cancun in mid July

Post by bigtrout »

If this is a fishing trip then bring both rods. If it is a trip to go fishing if you have limited time only bring one rod. I have been to Cancun for several years and go fishing when I can. I take a fishing rod that is a three piece so it fits in my suit case. My fishing gear is very limited some plastics,spoons, and some one ounce weights with regular fishing hooks. I go to the market which is Walmart and buy bait there. They have fresh shrimp and squid which is my favorite to use because it stays longer on the hook. If you have any questions you can call me at 2109125272

Al