1 May Open Weather Window Again

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

1 May Open Weather Window Again

Post by kickingback »

Picking a spot now...will do an early morning and all day run somewhere new...thinking Matagorda Bay area right now.
Gonna be a day like this last Monday. Very nice day to get out if you can.
Love how you have to plan a week out to get one day of decent fishing in... :monkey:
julioandadrie

Re: 1 May Open Weather Window Again

Post by julioandadrie »

Me and some buddies from SHKFC are going to east matagorda friday 5th, 6th and returning the 7th if your interested let me know. We are camping out there

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I hope the forecasts proves true for you. I have to plan weekday trips well in advance to get days off of work, and have not had much luck counting on them over the years. 12 hours can change a forecast so much.

Good luck
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yaklash wrote:I hope the forecasts proves true for you. I have to plan weekday trips well in advance to get days off of work, and have not had much luck counting on them over the years. 12 hours can change a forecast so much.

Good luck
Thanks. It did last Monday when I posted a week out as well. It is tough this time of year but it is getting better. I hate fishing weekends with all the "weekend warriors" racing about with all their toys. I will fish weekends but usually only at night. The warriors are not to keen on losing sleep for some reason...LOL I try to fish weekdays and nights especially to have the freedom and wide open areas to myself. Kind of selfish like that...hehe

julioandadrie, thanks for the invite. Winds are looking high for that weekend except Friday. Hope you guys get some good fishing in before the winds force you to secluded areas.

I am leaning toward going to Parker's Cut and Zephyr Cove area. Looks like the winds will blow the bait from the NW to the SW areas and then changing direction early morning blowing North from the South. Should churn the area up well to move the bait. With the LONG and slow incoming tide all morning it should make for an interesting outing.

In case anyone is wondering how I pick spots to fish I use the weather first and get the wind direction and speed. Then I pull up Google earth and find a shore line where the winds are pushing the water (and along with it the bait) up into grass or shell areas. Once I find an area that looks good I then check the tides to see how it will effect the bait, whether it is outgoing tide to pull bait from the grass and shell or incoming tide to bring in the said bait and predator fish to feed on the bait. If the tides have a high tidal coefficient (water is moving fast in or out over a shorter period of time) which means more water movement causing more bait to move you will find over time as I have that it's the best times to fish. It's all about the bait. No bait, no fish.
Once I am out on my trip then I can move to areas based on my planning of winds and tides to make my trip the best it can be. I am a firm believer in preparation. The more you prepare the more you are ready for any situation and your confidence level is at it's max which also helps you catch more fish. If you are not confident you will not catch as many or non at all. Hope this helps someone plan better.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

I think I'm part woman...I changed my mind...Sabine here I come. Heard Kieth calling my name for some reason.
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

Lol never fished Sabine maybe ill try it one of these days

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk