Bob Hall Pier help

Tx_Trout_Stud

Bob Hall Pier help

Post by Tx_Trout_Stud »

Heading to Corpus area this weekend with my father-in-law. Doing some boat fishing Saturday night with one of his buddies but we are getting in on Friday and I am not bringing my yak so I figured we could give this famous pier a try. I have never pier fished before so that is where I could us a little help. I have 2 heavy rods to bring along with my lighter bay fishing rods, what kind of set up works best and what are the fish eating out there, cut mullet? crab? Any advice on pier fishing would be appreciated.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Re: Bob Hall Pier help

Post by Big Kahuna »

If you bring big rods and but bait I would bring a pier net. Big hoop net with a rope. Also this time of year there are big trout caught in the surf in the first few guts. Live croaker works well. I know last week a man got a 44" ling off the end of the pier. But those guys have it down on how to fish big game off that pier. It's really a cool place to see weird catches. I remember being a child seeing what had to be a 7 foot hammerhead caught. Good luck.
Tx_Trout_Stud

Post by Tx_Trout_Stud »

Sounds good, thanks for the help. I plan on bringing my heavy spinner and a medium spinner, hook some croaker, shrimp or cut mullet on and see what bites. I don't plan on getting a net since I don't pier fish all that often, hopefully I can borrow one if I catch anything. Does the pier have rod holders along the railing?
Jigawatt

Post by Jigawatt »

You just lean your rod against the railing and loosen your drag so a fish doesn't pull it over. But more importantly for me to say, we have a front coming through Saturday night with high winds. You might want to rethink your boating plans.