Fishing Copano Bay in the Rattlesnake Point / Lone Tree Point / Salt Lake / Smith Channel Area

ATXyakker

Fishing Copano Bay in the Rattlesnake Point / Lone Tree Point / Salt Lake / Smith Channel Area

Post by ATXyakker »

I am looking at getting a vacation house off Copano Bay. It is along one of the canals in the neighborhood near Lone Tree Point - just south of the entrance to Salt Lake and north of Rattlesnake Point. Does anyone have experience fishing the the canals in this area? What about Salt Lake or in the Bay within a short paddle of this area?

Appreciate any advice!
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Fishing Copano Bay in the Rattlesnake Point / Lone Tree Point / Salt Lake / Smith Channel Area

Post by texnomad »

Yak fishing the bay along that shoreline has been decent for me in the past.
ATXyakker

Re: Fishing Copano Bay in the Rattlesnake Point / Lone Tree Point / Salt Lake / Smith Channel Area

Post by ATXyakker »

Thanks for the info texnomad. I'll report back if I have any luck once I get down there.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I used to live on Salt Lake. Best I can tell you is keep moving until the fish let you know you are in the right spot. Be flexible, what worked today may not work tomorrow.
If you want to go further, launch at the free kayak ramp located next to Redfish launch. Paddle towards the point next to the lodge and boat channel, lots of structure and you have good flats behind the islands.
ATXyakker

Post by ATXyakker »

Great info Tombo. Really appreciate the local knowledge. Tight lines!