Destin lodging

lagavulin62

Destin lodging

Post by lagavulin62 »

Wife and I will possibly make the drive early June for 4-5 nights. We are kid free. I do not want to declare bankruptcy after this trip. Any recommendations on where to stay? Am I just another naive Destin first timer? Thanks to all replies.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Destin lodging

Post by Yaklash »

I can't say specifically for Destin, but I would assume they have a Wyndham Wingate. They tend to be fairly affordable, as in the $130-$150/night range. Their breakfast counter (usually off of the Lobby) has a good breakfast, eggs, bacon/sausage, fruit, cereal, etc., plus a Belgian waffle iron or two. We've used the one in Lake Charles, La. many times to fish Lake Calcasieu and the only shortcoming has been a lack of roomy parking spaces for our boat trailers, but that shouldn't matter to you
Trevore

Post by Trevore »

We stayed at The Caribbean Dunes condos. Just off the beach and still just a couple minutes from the marina, and shopping. We stayed in 106, which had lots of updates. There are others updated as well.
lagavulin62

Post by lagavulin62 »

Thanks guys. These look good.
SaltyFatBoy

Post by SaltyFatBoy »

Stay in Fort Walton Beach which is literally 2-3 miles before Destin. Hotel rates are a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeeper50

Post by jeeper50 »

Stay in Miramar beach area much less traffic, cheaper rooms. We always rent a condo for time were there thru www.VRBO.com or homeaway.com

here's a nice condo right across from the beach, close to shopping, bass pro shops, food, etc.

https://www.vrbo.com/4432307ha
SlowMo

Post by SlowMo »

The wife and I stayed at an AirBnB in Santa Rosa Beach. They had two kayaks for us to use and a short private pier on Hogtown Bay. We caught a lot of blue crabs with their trap too. Highly recommend. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10812596