Double Skunk

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Double Skunk

Post by Yaklash »

So I went fishing with a friend this weekend and for the first time ever, I drew a double skunk. By that I mean, I got skunked on the water and then that evening, on the way to a restaurant to eat, I ran over the edge of a dead skunk on the side of the road. I must have ruptured its glands, because the passenger side of my truck smelled awful. So now I think I finally know what it might smell like to actually get sprayed by a skunk. Two days and an extensive soapy carwash spray later, and it still smells like skunk, a stinging reminding of the fish-free trip.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Double Skunk

Post by kickingback »

I had to laugh. First time ever fishing with a friend? Or first time getting double skunked.
Sorry you got sprayed. That sucks bro. Sucks you didn't get any fish for the table either.
Go buy some big plastic bottles of tomato juice and splash it over the areas you got sprayed. Make sure to splash it up into the areas just like the spray went. Let it sit for a few hours then wash it off with soapy water as it can make cause corrosion easier. Just like if you got sprayed you would need to take a tomato juice bath. Easy but sucks.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

kickingback wrote:I had to laugh. First time ever fishing with a friend? Or first time getting double skunked.
Sorry you got sprayed. That sucks bro. Sucks you didn't get any fish for the table either.
Go buy some big plastic bottles of tomato juice and splash it over the areas you got sprayed. Make sure to splash it up into the areas just like the spray went. Let it sit for a few hours then wash it off with soapy water as it can make cause corrosion easier. Just like if you got sprayed you would need to take a tomato juice bath. Easy but sucks.
I have a coworker who grew up country and lives country. He said it will "wear off in a week."
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

:lol: Where did you go fishing? Galveston Bay has been tough this year for me.
LocoSeamonkey

Post by LocoSeamonkey »

Skunk spray can be countered with a mixture of quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cap baking soda and a few drops of dish soap.
RealBigReel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RealBigReel »

You do know there is a skunk smell dissolver? Not that expensive either.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

LocoSeamonkey wrote:Skunk spray can be countered with a mixture of quart of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cap baking soda and a few drops of dish soap.
Won't be putting any of those things on my truck's paint job, but I will try to remember that potion for if I ever get it on me or my dog