Anyone have any luck with the YUM Money Minnows?

Yakety-Yak

Anyone have any luck with the YUM Money Minnows?

Post by Yakety-Yak »

As the title says. Has anyone had any luck with the YUM Money Minnows? Any size. I saw them yesterday when I was window shopping at Academy and they looked like a great mullet imitation. I would think the large one would be good for the 1 week of winter we get here in Texas. Has anyone tried putting a rattle in them as well? Thanks in advance.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Anyone have any luck with the YUM Money Minnows?

Post by kickingback »

I was lucky enough to find a whole bunch of them for sale cheap on EBay and I have a ton of them in all sizes but believe it or not I have not tried on yet. I see them in Academy for $8 a pack. I got mine for about $2 a pack buying lots of 3 and 4.
I will try soon now that you mention it and will let you know. It is a good mullet imitator and the big paddle tail makes lots of vibration to draw int he fish I am sure.
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

Like anything, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I would think they would be great for big trout especially in the winter. I've never tried them for that though. I have used them on shallow flats in the fall for reds and at times they are great. I like that you can retrieve them slowly over shallow grass and they are very weedless. Best part though is the explosive strikes. Reds really, really want to kill them when they strike, more so than smaller jigs. A buddy of mine reports that black drum hit them with a vengeance too which I think is weird, but hey, if it works, it works.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I pick them up when they are on sale at Academy or Walmart. I have used the pearl 3 and 4 inches in the lights at night and they work good.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

You all REALLY need to do a search on EBay for these. You can get them MUCH cheaper on EBay than Academy. Do a search and see for yourself.
:dance:
flykool25

Post by flykool25 »

They definitely work at night , have not tried during the day yet . If you see them on clearance buy them . Don't seem to last as long as I would like , the reds and trouts tear them up pretty good .
Bayou Burner

Post by Bayou Burner »

Like said before, they'll catch all 3 species . They do tear up fast though. I still have a bunch of the fat money minnows too. When the pogies are thick, time to throw em.