Sarge Customs

RedsOnRiot

Sarge Customs

Post by RedsOnRiot »

So a buddy of mine got a sarge custom rod a long time ago and ever since I picked it up I fell in love. The weight and sensitivity are unmatched.

My question is, if any of you guys have one, what do you have? Pros, Cons?

Buddy has a MOAR lite or something of that sort so I was kinda leaning towards that.

I know that the fishing show is coming up in March so I will get a chance to pick some up and get a good feel but wanted to see what you guys thought.
Slayer21

Re: Sarge Customs

Post by Slayer21 »

Check out Laguna, Sarge used to build rods for Laguna and from what I understand went and did his own thing. I have 2 TXwader 2's built to my specs and love them. Lots of good options. Buy the best you can afford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Slayer21 wrote:Check out Laguna, Sarge used to build rods for Laguna and from what I understand went and did his own thing. I have 2 TXwader 2's built to my specs and love them. Lots of good options. Buy the best you can afford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree, I got the LT txwader 1's built my way and love them.
RedsOnRiot

Post by RedsOnRiot »

Yea I have heard of Laguna but never laid my hands on them. I'll be sure to check them out possibly get a feel for them at the fishing show.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I am not telling you to go for a Laguna or a Sargent, but I would not steer away from Sargent if you fell in love with one of their products, just because a couple of people you don't know like Laguna rods. Within an hour you could get 2 others that will say Sargent rods are better. I would not steer you away from something you felt in your hands and loved about that Sargent rod. The only real important thing is whether you like how it feels in your hand. I would probably not have paid full price for my Laguna, but it was designed and built for someone who never took possession of it, so they sold it to me for $50 off. Great Deal!! I have since heard very good things about Sargent rods and have on a first hand basis, experienced slightly more personal treatment from him & two of his staff in the process of researching my next rod purchase.

I've been eyeballing Sargent rods and would say that Laguna and Sargent are as close to the same things as you can get without it being the same company. Makes sense with Sarge coming out of Laguna.

But what I am thinking of getting is a Bohiga with the Fuji full reel seat, spiral wrap micro-guides (same as the SOLO I have) and a 9" full grip (the one thing I dislike about my Laguna is the split grip - they are uncomfortable to me over a day long session of two handed casting)
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

I'm in the same boat as you. My buddy got one, and I couldn't believe the feel. I cannot decided on which one to get either.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Sarge makes an awesome stick.
floatsmyboat

Post by floatsmyboat »

Sarge's customs are about as good as it gets, man. The hassle is the lightest rod I've ever held. Not to mention his great customer service. If the sarge is what you want, don't hesitate. It's a great choice

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I've heard nothing but great things about Sarge Rods, though I have not held one. I have a couple Waterloos (going on 8 years old now) and a Laguna (going on 11 years) and couldn't be happier. Between those three brands and Kistler and H&H, there are a lot of great, high-end rod makers in Texas whom specialize in inshore rods.