Trout Support DVDs

JPS

Trout Support DVDs

Post by JPS »

Been on the board a little while and finally felt compelled to contribute. I caught my first sight casted tailing Redfish from a Kayak a couple of weeks ago and man, what an exhilarating feeling. I owe a large part of that to Trout Support- Shallow Redfish DVD but that is not what compels me to write. It is the customer service/support from Tobin himself. I have watched the videos long enough to put some of the principles into action(with positive results) that I felt I could ask some questions to fill in the blanks, so to speak. As advertised, not only did Tobin answer my questions quickly, graciously and in detail, he also gave me additional info that I did not ask for but that he knew I would need for the rest of it to make sense and come together. Best money I have spent in my 45 years of saltwater fishing.
Russ in Rockport

Re: Trout Support DVDs

Post by Russ in Rockport »

JPS: I couldn't agree more. I am wasting away, waiting for the flounder video :(
Best regards,

Russ
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Russ in Rockport wrote:JPS: I couldn't agree more. I am wasting away, waiting for the flounder video :(
Best regards,

Russ
LOL

You couldn't have said it better JPS! Trout Support is awesome! "Support" in the title is the key to his outstanding service he provides!!
Russ in Rockport

Hell's Bell's--I would probably spring for a Black Drum and Sheepshead video!

Russ
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Russ, you're too funny. I'll make a GaftopSupport DVD just for you my friend. or should it be GarSupport?

The plan is to finish my current to projects and make them available and then get back to editting the Flounder DVD. I am committed to finishing it this year, and somehow do it by Oct1.

I'm going to need you guys to tell everyone about the DVDs in the mean time between now and then.. if you want the Flounder DVD.. you guys have to carry the torch this year for me.. running this business and marketing chews up all the editing time. So tell a friend, or put something on Facebook, or anywhere you can and tell them to get the DVDs. People don't seldom come out and say "well I'm looking for an educational DVD to learn how to fish" .. just tell everyone to get them. That will give me time to edit instead of marketing. I really need everyones help in this. i am you, you are me.. we fish.
Ernesto210

Post by Ernesto210 »

Couldn't agree more, I just got the Trout limits and shoreline reds for Christmas. I just watched the shoreline reds yesterday (played hookie from work haha) and yeah... MIND BLOWN. Can't wait to put some of these tactics to work and think of an excuse to email Tobin! :mrgreen:
Russ in Rockport

Tobin,

You are a good sport in addition to being a great teacher! Only joking of course about the flounder DVD! I know whatever you have in the works is going to be worth the wait.

As for finding flounder, my grandfather always said that all you have to do is stomp around in the shallows after dark, until you step on something that wriggles--and if you don't feel an agonizing stab of pain, start casting!

Best regards,

Russ
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Russ, you made me laugh bro. I know you too well.

And thank you everyone for doing what you do for us when you do tell people to get them.
t

And for all the TKF er's there is a discount code for 10% off as well. TKVA147
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

This from ChadBrochill from another board.

Give tobin@troutsupport.com a holler. He provides excellent customer service even before purchase. I recently got the 4 pack dvds and they are full of great knowhow. All aspects of gulf coast inshore fishing are covered in the set. From live shrimp under a popping cork to throwing corkies in cold conditions, drift fishing and wading, Tobin covers it all.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's another note that came in on the site... from David C.

David C.
★★★★★
Purchasing Finding and Catching Big Speckled Trout DVD
From placing the order to receipt of the DVD and watching it, all excellent service and a high quality product. Tobin's information is a great resource to shortening the learning curve!
HawgBauss

Post by HawgBauss »

Just got my Trout Limit and Big Trout DVD's yesterday and I plan to watch a little bit of the first one some tonight before bed. I too am looking forward to the Flounder video.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Minscore wrote:Just got my Trout Limit and Big Trout DVD's yesterday and I plan to watch a little bit of the first one some tonight before bed. I too am looking forward to the Flounder video.
Hope to get back to editing the Flounder DVD shortly. I've been working 70 + plus hours a week on 2 very large projects for all my TroutSupport fans. Biggest thing everyone can do to help me is tell all your friends online and on social media to get the current DVDs from the site.
Hash Tag #TroutSupport.com when you do. Saturday in East Matty I put the Big Trout DVD methods to test.. and did pretty well with a 27 3/4 inch trout and a 25 right at leaving time. Almost didn't leave in time with the fog thickening.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Post by troutslinger »

Tobin not only has the flounder dvd coming out but just wait. Tobin is a great guy and his DVDs are awesome. I thought I knew everything I needed to know but I learn something new each time I watch. Excellent learning tool for the beginner to old salts.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

the following was posted on my TroutSupport facebook page by Lindsey Day about the DVDs.

"Fantastic tool. As soon as I hit the water after having consumed thr videos, I read the water entirely differently. I immediately saw a prime example of one of the fishing situations, cast into it, and immediately caught a 19" trout literally minutes into my trip. It was stunning."
surfpunk
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by surfpunk »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Russ, you're too funny. I'll make a GaftopSupport DVD just for you my friend. or should it be GarSupport?

The plan is to finish my current to projects and make them available and then get back to editting the Flounder DVD. I am committed to finishing it this year, and somehow do it by Oct1.

I'm going to need you guys to tell everyone about the DVDs in the mean time between now and then.. if you want the Flounder DVD.. you guys have to carry the torch this year for me.. running this business and marketing chews up all the editing time. So tell a friend, or put something on Facebook, or anywhere you can and tell them to get the DVDs. People don't seldom come out and say "well I'm looking for an educational DVD to learn how to fish" .. just tell everyone to get them. That will give me time to edit instead of marketing. I really need everyones help in this. i am you, you are me.. we fish.
I can't wait to see the flounder DVD. Hopefully I don't wind up on the cutting room floor :lol:

All of your videos have helped me and my buddies tremendously. Can't wait to see what you've got on the horizon.
Mossyoak20

Post by Mossyoak20 »

What about for us who don't have a DVD player? I stream everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Mossyoak20 wrote:What about for us who don't have a DVD player? I stream everything...
...and yet you don't have a gaming console? :lol:
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Mossyoak20 wrote:What about for us who don't have a DVD player? I stream everything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are working on streaming options.

For now, what we recommend is borrowing a DVD player or like YL said, a game console or something, or a friends laptop with a DVD player.. yes, I know these things are archaic. Used DVD players are quite cheap at the local pawn shop as well. Once you've done that, I can tell you how to put them on your ipad or what have you. Probably not onto your phone, and honestly, you'll want to watch these on something bigger than your phone anyway, you'll want to watch them where you can take notes and see the detailed video we've shot.. this isn't like watching a movie or some fishing show. This is getting to watch through the eyes of guides and tournament anglers.. see what they see and understand what they look for, have found, and how you can find it too.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Here's another post from another board from "OnTheOtherLine"

"Say no more. Get the DVDs. This product and TS customer service and dedication to trade is paramount. Don't waste another trip without bringing along what these videos have to offer."
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

And another that I received thru PM.. From RackRanch - Walker Fletcher

"Have really enjoyed the videos, thank you. I popped a 27'' trout about 6 weeks ago"

He really didn't expound much. Short and to the point.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yet another PM that I recieved... from user 'Floats My Boat' from another board...

"Hey there, love the shallow water redfish video. I really feel confident in my plan for my next trip out so that's a first. "

he also asked me about some specifics about the Lews reels but I'll spare you guys that info.
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Just ordered the set yesterday. Was planning on bringing them with me in the yak and holding them up to the light. Should work, right?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Littlebear wrote:Just ordered the set yesterday. Was planning on bringing them with me in the yak and holding them up to the light. Should work, right?
LOL... ummmm, NO. But thank you for your purchase and we ARE here if you need any support what so ever applying them. Should be a killer spring and has already started in some areas.
Littlebear

Post by Littlebear »

Just got mine!
Mossyoak20

Post by Mossyoak20 »

i've heard a lot about these. Curious though, what are some points that are covered in the DVD? What makes them different from other DVD's out there? I'm not asking for all your secrets on the internet, but curious how they can help? It may sound like a foolish question and i'm sure i'll regret posting this after watching and tearing up some fish because i applied what is learned from them....but it doesn't hurt to ask! thanks!