Best Inshore Baitcasting reels

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Best Inshore Baitcasting reels

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Lots of good info in this thread.

yeah the Inshore is the new custom inshore..

Long cast with cast a bait cast with inshore sized plugs is in the 45 yard range. I know a guy that threw a lure with a POC wind at his back and he hit 61. That was measured on a football field. that's a monumental cast. Most of the time while throwing soft plastics we're throwing 20-30 yards. I agree with yaklash, for casting distance the right angler can throw either and achieve great distance. Spinners are going to throw lighter baits a little further with less hassle since you can't really backlash them, but those super light baits arnt going to be going 40 yards, more in the 15 -35 range.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

It's an exercise in ballistics, and if you want distance, you increase the rod length.
20% longer rod means 20% greater tip/lure/line velocity. Distance goes up with the cube of velocity, meaning you double the distance for the same arm motion.

While I have and fish 7' rods, I also fish 8-1/2' Lamiglas steelhead rods, and can take 1/4 oz well past 75 yards.
(can make all the difference drift-fishing a boat on the flats, because fish hear hull slap a long way)
When I was throwing my new combo in the back yard (acre), I was making effortless measured 50-yd casts with slow lobs.
(could have beaned the neighbor's tom cat in his back acre if I had wanted)
This is the rod for which I bought the Inshore.

With a smooth spiral arc that starts in front of you, goes behind and straight over your head, educated thumb easing out line while you're smoothly accelerating the rod up to bait release, you are effectively increasing the rod length by centrifugal force, and greatly increasing cast distance. The only time I do this trick is free-shrimping, to get jerk-free distance. I've PO'd a couple of guides who demonstrated their cast and told me what I was doing wrong, but I doubled their free-shrimp cast.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I have both Shimano Curados and Lews sSb1 reels. I like them both, but the newer shimano curados are better I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk