Winter kayak fishing.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Winter kayak fishing.

Post by kickingback »

Merman wrote:I've fished out of a yak for years and winter fishing is where its at ... catching bulls , big sows , and door mats ... yep winter fishing . If you know where the fish are and can tolerate the cold , there's some of the biggest fish you'll ever catch in your life biting in some of the nastiest weather ... Many a nite in the back bay behind the power plant ... yep winter fishing , there's some of the best fishing at nite where it's glowing ...
I'm liking your style...I too fish the cold for better trophy fish. And night fishing is another of my favorite styles of fishing. No one and nothing to bother you but the wind and current.
Floundapounda122

Post by Floundapounda122 »

Almost that time! Im going to go to jumble cove in the next few weeks armed with brokebacks, originals, fat boys, and mirrolure catch 2000's!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Floundapounda122 wrote:Almost that time! Im going to go to jumble cove in the next few weeks armed with brokebacks, originals, fat boys, and mirrolure catch 2000's!
LOL sounds like you got a plan for "Jumbile" Cove for sure! Fish them slow!!! I'll look for you sometime out there!
wilddawg16

Post by wilddawg16 »

Thank you for all the information!!....Reading all of this got me to thinking that it would be a neat trip just to ride 521 and hit some of these destinations...I actually live close to 521 (Almeda) in Houston and just spent some time mapping a route from my house to Palacios...and put this on the to do list for scout/fishing in the near future.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

This is a pretty nice post to dredge up for winter time :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Chubs wrote:This is a pretty nice post to dredge up for winter time :)
As memory serves me, this was one of several posts by the legendary Picaroon, each of which listed another or a few other good winter fishing spots. Care to dig further???? :D
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

lol you bet I will over time. :mrgreen:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Cold weather fishing for me is CRAPPIE TIME! :lol: